Chapter 35

For better convenience, Xu Lian had specially packed a small wax melting stove into a large backpack, along with her other tools. With this, she was ready to visit Xiang ChangKong's home for a second time.

Today was Thursday, so her shop was closed. She would usually stay home and make some candles, but Xu Lian figured it would be better to do it at Xiang ChangKong's house. She could show her face and allow her future mother-in-law to see what her job entailed.

Xiang ChangKong had a morning shift today, so Xu Lian didn't ask him to wait for her to arrive and instead entered the home with the key he had given her.

Weng ShuLi had different clothes today, but she was sitting in the exact same spot as last time. It seems she knew that Xu Lian was coming. Weng ShuLi raised her head when Xu Lian entered with her large backpack, but there wasn't any change in her expression.

Xu Lian placed her backpack on the couch and smiled. "Hello Auntie, I'm here again."

Weng ShuLi looked at the black backpack Xu Lian had bought. She seemed interested, but in the end, she didn't ask. Weng ShuLi simply lowered her head and opened the book in her hand.

When Xu Lian came in, she had explicitly glanced at the book Weng ShuLi was holding. It was a different book from last time. This book was the latest work from Xing Xin, titled 'Secret.' Xu Lian sat down in the same spot as last time and said: "This book has also been made into a movie. Yao Feng Jing and Yu Yao made it."

Weng ShuLi was obviously not a fan of either of these people, because she was indifferent to Xu Lian's words. Xu Lian didn't mind. She poured herself a glass of water, then started to take out the stuff in her backpack one by one.

The melting furnace, wax melting pot, her electronic scale, thermometers, wax blocks, gypsum, paper
cups....the small coffee table was instantly filled with Xu Lian's things. Her busy movements finally made Weng ShuLi raise her head. She looked at the strange items on the coffee table, then looked at Xu Lian.

Xu Lian smiled at her and said: "I don't know if Xiang ChangKong mentioned it to you, but I opened an aromatherapy candle shop in Starlight Park. These are the tools I use to make candles."

Weng ShuLi didn't reply. Xu Lian turned the electronic scale on, then poured some gypsum into a paper cup. "Don't worry, I work quietly, so I promise not to disturb your reading."

Weng ShuLi's expression finally appeared to loosen a bit. It seems that she had never met such a brazen person before. She stared at Xu Lian for a while, but Xu Lian really did start making candles, so Weng ShuLi could only go back to her book.

Xu Lian measured the amount of gypsum, then glanced at Weng ShuLi before adding the appropriate amount of water. Weng ShuLi had wanted to use the move 'ignore her' to push Xu Lian back, but this sort of thing was ineffective to Xu Lian.

After all, her greatest strength was the ability to withstand solitude.

To her knowledge, Weng ShuLi had only started to ignore people in the last three years. Before the death of her husband, she had been a woman who cared for her family and knew how to live her life well.

Xu Lian had heard from Xiang ChangKong that Weng ShuLi had been a dancer in an art troupe when she was young. His father had fallen in love with his mother at first sight during an art show. Weng ShuLi was pretty and danced well. When she was young, she had been pursued by many men, but it was Xiang ChangKong's father was the one who succeeded.

After their marriage, although Weng ShuLi had divided her energy into taking care of Xiang ChangKong and Xiang Nuan, her dancing skills didn't diminish. She would go square dancing with her friends, participate in regular dance competitions with teams, and even teach others dancing in her spare time.