Chapter 57 : Xiang Nuan Extra (1)

On the eve of the college entrance exams, the school gave the seniors a little holiday in advance so that they could study at home.

Of course, during this time, a more important event was happening- taking their graduation photos.

The students had just about finished packing their things. Textbooks that were usually stacked up high on top of their desks were now gone, making the classroom look somewhat wider than usual.

Xiang Nuan was sitting at her desk when her two good friends came and called her to line up and take photos with them. Xiang Nuan agreed, and they trotted down the stairs where everyone was gathered.

Access vi pnovel.com

Maybe it was because separation was imminent, but every student, no matter if they disliked each other or not, were lined up downstairs, clustered together without any split or segregation between them. At the front, their homeroom teacher was sitting on a chair, his expression amiable.

In class photos, girls were usually in the front rows while the boys were at the back. But since Xiang Nuan was in a science-oriented class, her class only had two rows of girls. After finding out that she was standing just in front of Shen Lin, Xiang Nuan curled her lip and asked a female classmate if they could switch places.

(T/N: Don't quote me on this, but my understanding is that some schools have art-oriented classes and science-oriented classes during high school? Like science-oriented classes will have physics and chemistry in their schedule while art-oriented will have, well, art.)

But the photographer standing behind his tripod yelled: "Students, don't move. Just stand still and look at the camera."

Xiang Nuan hesitated for a moment, then eventually acquiesced and stood still.

Shen Lin looked down at Xiang Nuan's head and thought that she seemed somewhat angry.

"Three, two, one..eggplant!"

(T/N: eggplant is qiézi so it's like saying 'cheese!')

Shen Lin raised his hand and formed a 'V' with his fingers on Xiang Nuan's head just as the photographer called out 'eggplant'.

The photographer took three pictures in a row and asked them to come down so another class could take their photo. Their homeroom teacher led everyone back to their classrooms and reminded them to make sure that they had all their things when they left. Their classroom needed to be prepared today as it was going to be an exam room.

The seniors simply had too much stuff. Day students had the opportunity to move their things in batches a couple of days in advance, but dorm students like Xiang Nuan could only take all their stuff in one fell swoop today. What's more, in addition to her textbooks and classroom items, she also had to pack her things in her dorm room. Just the thought of it already gave Xiang Nuan a headache.

Shen Lin had noticed that Xiang Nuan was carrying a lot of things and took the initiative to help relieve some of her burdens. "I only have a few things to bring back home; I can help you hold some of your stuff."

Xiang Nuan subconsciously wanted to refuse him, but before she could open her mouth, Shen Lin had already taken a stack of books off of her hands and walked off. Xiang Nuan caught up to him, began to walk beside Shen Lin, and said: "You'd better give those back to me. Your mother will see you with my stuff and will probably think I've enslaved her son again."

Shen Lin was silent for a few beats but then replied: "I apologize for what my mother did last time. I explained it to her when we came home after that day."