Chapter 40

Xu Lian was in her store, lining up some elk antlers on her workshop table and checking them one by one. Christmas was approaching, so she was filled with orders for several other businesses and functions. In addition to her seasonal Christmas-styled garlands, diffuser stones decorated in elk antlers were also very popular during this time.

However, the mold she used resulted in some fragile antlers, so Xu Lian had to carefully check each one to make sure that there were no cracked antlers before gluing them to her diffusers. If she found a broken antler, she would have to spend time repairing the damage.

Xu Lian's craftsmanship was impeccable, and she was very diligent with her work, so things like this needed to be carefully resolved.

Xu Lian had ordered two different antler molds domestically, but both of them were easy to break. Hence, she decided to improve the quality of her future diffusers by going abroad and buying imported molds not available in China. Xu Lian had planned to wait and buy another mold before doing another batch. Although she repaired the items that needed to be repaired, she found the process too troublesome to continue.

While she was fixing another antler, the screen of her phone lit up. Xu Lian wiped her hands and glanced at the message. It was the class leader of her high school senior year.

The class leader had previously asked her about a class reunion. As they did this, they took the opportunity to pull Xu Lian back into the high school chat group. Back then, Xu Lian didn't immediately leave the group, but she did mute it and didn't reply to any of the messages.

But it seems that Xu Lian's class leader was determined. They had finally got a date and time for the reunion a few days ago, and Xu Lian had messaged that she wasn't sure if she would be free and didn't fully commit to anything, refusing to come without actually refusing. But unexpectedly, the class monitor didn't give up and asked her again today.

Class Monitor: Xu Lian, we're booking a private room tomorrow night. We need to know the number of people attending, so can we confirm your attendance?

Xu Lian stared at the message for a long while and thought about it. In the end, she picked up her phone and replied.

Xu Lian: ok.

Class Monitor: Alright, I'll add you to the list. We'll see you tomorrow evening at 6.

Xu Lian: Do you want me to pay now?

Class Monitor: No hurry, we'll properly calculate things.

Xu Lian didn't reply. She picked up another antler and found that it was cracked.

"....."

Xu Lian suddenly felt an urgent need to go abroad and buy some materials!

At 6:00 p.m. that Friday evening, Xu Lian stepped in the club where the reunion was going to be held. Xu Lian figured that her fellow classmates must be doing quite well to be able to reserve a private room.

Xu Lian looked at the message the class monitor had sent her. The class monitor actually sent the location of the room in the class group chat, but fearing that Xu Lian wouldn't see it, they also sent her a private message.

After confirming the location once again, she approached the waitress wearing cheongsam by the door. The lady welcomed her in and guided her towards the elevator. Xu Lian didn't know which of her classmates would be attending this reunion, but she had been here before and knew that their largest private room could seat around twenty people. However, they did have connecting private rooms that, when opened, could house forty people quite comfortably.