Chapter 53

It was now January, and Xiang ChangKong's postgraduate exams were just around the corner. While the test taker himself didn't feel much pressure, Xu Lian and Xiang Nuan were very nervous for him. Especially Xiang Nuan, who often called for Xiang ChangKong to study alongside her whenever she came home. Xiang ChangKong didn't know if he should cry or laugh at Xiang Nuan's actions.

Weng ShuLi was, surprisingly, the calmest person other than Xiang ChangKong. She knew that her son was smart, and she still remembered Xiang ChangKong's results when he took the college entrance exams. In fact, Weng ShuLi was much more concerned about Xiang Nuan's upcoming college entrance exams.

She recently started work and had to put more of her attention to her job. Weng ShuLiu's job this time was to teach retired old men and women how to dance in a nearby recreation center. It had excellent benefits, and she also has vacation time during the summer and winter holidays.

Xiang Nuan had pulled Xu Lian to secretly visit Weng ShuLi's workplace once. When Xiang Nuan was young, she would often see her mother dance onstage. Now, years later, she only had some fragmentary and fuzzy memories of this. But while Weng ShuLi was no longer dancing on a grand stage, Xiang Nuan's old memories still overlapped with the current Weng ShuLi.

Access vi pnovel.com

In the year her father died, Xiang Nuan really believed that she would never see her mother dance again. So now, as she watched Weng ShuLi spin, skip and bend, Xiang Nuan thought it wonderful.

"Your mother dances very well." Xu Lian peered through the door and whispered to Xiang Nuan.

Xiang Nuan proudly puffed out her chest, as if she was the one being praised. "Of course! You know, my mother was the best and most beautiful dancer before! My father fell in love at her at first sight, ah."

"Oh..." Xu Lian privately thought that the man sounded quite superficial.

They watched the class from outside for a while, then quietly left. They didn't want to disturb Weng ShuLi.

Maybe it was because the New Year really did bring about a new mood, but after getting discharged from the hospital, Cheng Peng began to look for a suitable place to open his shop- and pulled Xiang ChangKong into helping him.

(T/N: if you forgot, Cheng Peng is the co-worker of Xiang ChangKong in the delivery service. He was the one who broke his leg.)

The reason Cheng Peng chose Xiang ChangKong was very simple: it was because Xiang ChangKong was the most educated of all his friends. Roping in the most intelligent person he knew meant that he certainly won't lose out.

But in fact, Xiang ChangKong had no experience in something like selecting shop space. He felt that Xu Lian would be much more knowledgable in this area.

"Honestly, I think my neighborhood is much more suitable. It has great foot traffic, and the rent isn't expensive!" After visiting two different places, Cheng Peng began to miss his own lively community.

Xiang ChangKong asked: "Then why not directly rent a space there? It'll be much closer and more convenient for you."

Cheng Peng sighed. "My wife thinks there are already too many small snack stores in our area and that it wouldn't be easy for us to open one there. She also thinks that most of the stores in the neighborhood do their business too casually. She likes our shop to be somewhat flashy...do you know Xiang Piao Shi Li? The owner of that shop is especially handsome, and they even had a ribbon-cutting event during its opening day! My wife is pushing for me to learn from people like that, ah. She says that since we're opening a store, we should try to at least have a good style. Honestly, I think she just finds that owner to be handsome!"