Chapter 37

Xu Lian finished her conversation with Xiang ChangKong, then looked towards Xiang Nuan. "Come on, let's get you home. It's better to talk to your brother about this face to face."

While Xu Lian and Xiang Nuan arrived in Xiang Nuan's home, Xiang ChangKong had already set lunch on the table.

Xiang Nuan followed Xu Lian inside, but she didn't dare look at Xiang ChangKong in the eye. Xiang ChangKong went into the kitchen to get the rice. As he set it on the table, he said: "Eat first. It's easy for food to go cold during the winter."

Having spent some time alone with Weng ShuLi twice before, Xu Lian could now face her much more comfortably than when she first met her. Xu Lian sat on the chair opposite of Weng ShuLi and smiled at her. "Hello Auntie, I'm here again."

Without responding, Weng ShuLi picked up her chopsticks and simply picked up her bowl and ate lunch quietly. Xiang Nuan sat opposite to Xiang ChangKong and buried her head in her bowl.

"Thank you." Seeing the meatball on her bowl, Xu Lian forked it up with her chopsticks and took a bite. Xiang ChangKong asked with a smile: "I'll get you a spoon? It'll be easier to pick up with a spoon."

"Alright." Xu Lian watched him get up, go to the kitchen, and return with a spoon. She accepted the offered spoon and scooped up another meatball and placed it onto Xiang ChangKong's bowl. "Sure enough, it's much easier to use a spoon."

Xiang Nuan silently picked at her rice.

She was already in such a bad mood, yet they still stuff her with dog food, ah.

After dinner, Weng ShuLi went back into her room for an afternoon nap. Xiang ChangKong cleaned up the dining table with Xu Lian. Taking the dirty plates, he told Xu Lian: "I can take care of the rest, you can also take a nap."

Xu Lian was a bit sleepy. There weren't any orders she didn't need to catch up on, so she would usually rest in her store's lounge at this time of day. After a moment's thought, she replied: "Then I'll take a quick nap on the sofa."

Xiang ChangKong bowed his head and stared at her, his eyes intense and beautiful. Feeling a little uneasy, Xu Lian asked: "Why are you looking at me like that?"

Hearing that her voice had become a little strained, Xiang ChangKong raised the corner of his mouth. "You can go to my room and sleep."

He said this sentence in an absolutely serious tone, without any hint of ambiguity. But even so, his words made one's pulse race.

Xu Lian raised her head and looked at him. If they weren't in the kitchen where anyone could walk in on them...forget it. With a nod, Xu Lian turned around and headed towards Xiang ChangKong's bedroom.

This was the third time Xu Lian had entered Xiang ChangKong's room. His bedroom was still the same: narrow, simple, tidy. The candle she had given him last time was half used, placed beside his lamp. She glanced at the candle, turned around, then set her eyes on his empty bed.

Because the room was small, his bed was only a narrow single. He had white linens, but it didn't feel cold. Instead, it gave Xu Lian the urge to lie down.

Xu Lian's hand slowly caressed the pillow, then moved towards the quilt. It was softer than she thought. It was probably very warm underneath.

Xu Lian took off her shoes and jacket, went under the covers, and closed her eyes.

All around her was Xiang ChangKong's scent, giving her the illusion that she was wrapped around Xiang ChangKong's arms.

The feeling was quite addictive.