Chapter One - The Neighbor

I hope you like this chapter <3

"UGHH!" I groaned while picking up the weights

"Keep going mi hija." My father encouraged me. "You can do it."

I haven't been always fond of training. I don't hate it, but I do not like it. However, I have to do it. You see, when you are part of a mafia family, you have to take care of yourself and protect yourself when no one is around. You will have a lot of enemies no matter where you go.

Therefore, to my father, training is very important. At the age of 7, my father started teaching me self-defense. At the age of 12, I learned how to throw knives, and I am amazing at it might I add. My first kill was when I was 15, which was 2 years ago, and that was by a mistake.

Well...not a mistake, I wanted to do it. Don't attack me, when you see your mother being sexually harassed and a man was about to do something, you will immediately act on it, so I did. I killed him with my special knife my grandfather gave me.

My father was furious because he wasn't there with us and he blamed himself for what happened to my mother and to me. He didn't want me to be a killer that soon, but I felt fine. I was in shock the first couple of days, but then I accepted what I did and I don't really regret it.

Anyways, the same year I killed that man, we moved to a small town Northwest of Illinois called Galena. My father wanted me to live a normal life away from all the enemies back in New York. We didn't really move because I killed a man, but he and my mother were thinking about it a long time ago.

This town is very small and its people are friendly. I managed to get my awkward, introvert ass self two friends. Not that being introvert is a bad thing, I love it. But my father insisted I have normal friends who know nothing about it. Believe it or not, at first, I didn't really care about them, I wanted them only for the sake of my father, but now, I cannot live without them.

"5 minutes more!" My father encouraged.

"Dad, I can't." I breathed heavily.

"You can." He replied sternly.

"What will I gain from this?" I rolled my eyes playfully.

"You get to shoot one bullet." He smirked knowing that I will not only stay 5 minutes more, but 10 minutes if I have too.

I did everything mafia members do, but not guns. My parents forbid me from holding a gun or even train with it. It is mostly my mother that doesn't allow it, but my father is a little bit lenient.

But I have always wanted to train with guns. I want to be like my father. So bad.

"Fine." I smirked and continued lifting the weights harder. I would do anything to hold a gun and shoot, even if one bullet only.

I don't know where did I get the love of guns from since my parents are more into knives. Maybe from...

"Okay! Good job!" My father finally said. "Take the rest of the day off."