Chapter Twenty Seven - The Traitor & The Enemy

MIA

"Take care baby." Camilla told David before we left.

"I will, don't worry."

Once we were in the van, we drove off to Platteville.

Only one thing I am so concerned about in this mission and that's why I wanted to go with everyone, to make sure everyone is safe and not for Luciano or anything. Hell, I don't really care whether he lives or dies, I only care about my people and their wellbeing.

"Be careful everyone, out there." I said to no one in particular.

"You know nothing will happen to me, I am the best fighter here." Troy's cocky voice said.

"I didn't just direct it to you, you know." I rolled my eyes playfully with a smile.

Immediately, arms wrapped around my body, pushing mine towards theirs.

River.

"Oh lover boy is jealous, what a sight." Troy teased earning a growl from River.

River leaned in a sniffed my neck, he seems to do this a lot.

"Don't smile to him." He whispered for only me to hear, "—I should only make you smile."

Possessiveness level 100.

"You only make me do and feel many things that no one could ever make, so don't worry." I whispered back.

"Mhmm.." he kept sniffing.

"River."

"Yea?"

"Promise me that you will focus and not get distracted by me—don't be on edge there and work as if I am not there."

"You know I cannot do that." He reasoned.

"You have to."

"No, I don't because we will work together, like one. We are one Mia." He replied making my heart beat faster.

We are one.

"I think I like the sound of that."

"You haven't seen anything, mi amor."

"It's so sexy when you speak Spanish River." I giggled.

"It's even sexier when my name leaves your mouth."

How will I concentrate? I don't know. I don't know.

He is on my mind 24/7 and I can't seem to do my job.

"Okay, everyone, be ready. Jerome will open the doors any minute—are the guards down David?"

"Yes, sir."

"Good."

As if on cue, the door opened and uncle Danny was standing there. River immediately lifted his gun and was ready to shoot.

"Wait, wait, don't shoot!" He whisper-yelled.

"Where's Jerome." My father growled, aiming his gun at Danny.

"I am Jerome." He replied, as if disappointed that my father didn't remember his name.

"What?" I asked, confused.

"There is no time to talk right now, we have to go in—just so you know, Lorenzo sent me here, now come on."

I am so confused.

So confused.

What the fuck did he mean by that?

He is not a traitor?