Chapter Sixteen - A Conversation With Cameron

I hope you like this chapter! <3

Leaving the restaurant and after sending few murderous looks to the waitress who practically eye-raped River, we hopped in the car

I mean...River didn't seem to mind it, she looking at him I mean. He seemed normal or almost almost amused. I don't like that, he should mind.

The problem is that I cannot make a problem out of it since River and I are nothing. There is literally nothing between us. I don't even know what we are to each other. Our relationship is weird and confusing. One time I kiss him and the other he kisses me, as if getting even.

Looking outside the window at the beautiful trees that passed by, I didn't listen to their conversation. I kept glancing at River from the front mirror and sometimes catching him looking at me. River was driving this time.

I was still mad at that waitress.

Parking the van at David's house, we got out and everyone of us went to their separate way.

River and I walked back to his car and got in. We haven't talked, not a single word. When we arrived, I was about to leave but stopped. I turned to look at him to find him looking at me.

"Are you ignoring me?" I narrowed my eyes.

"No, why would I ignore you?" He scoffed.

"Aren't we going to talk about what happened the other day?" I asked bravely.

"What happened?" He furrowed his eyebrows, obviously acting like he forgot. Does he want me to tell him exactly what happened? Or he knows that I am not going to say, so he pretended not to know because he doesn't want to talk about it?

Overanalyzing? Check.

"Don't play dumb." I said, I was getting angry.

"You mean about the kiss?" He finally said and I nodded.

"There's nothing to talk about Mia. You kissed me once and I returned it. We are even now." He said without emotion.

I am gonna kill him.

"Are you sure?" I asked for the last time.

"Yes, of course I am." He nodded.

Good. Two can play the game River Martin.

"Good." I fake smiled and left.

Opening the door, I was greeted by my father. My angry looking father.

"What happened?" I asked, my heart was beating so fast.

"Our warehouse was attacked in NYC." He quickly said making his way to the basement. I followed him.

"Who attacked?"

"We still don't know, but I have a feeling it's Luciano—he sure is looking for us." He explained.