Chapter Twenty-Three - Angry River

MIA

Walking out of the shower, I wrap a towel around my wet body and walk into my bedroom.

I halted when I saw River sitting on my bed, holding my panties in his hands, and looking at them with a smirk.

"Excuse me?" I shrieked, "what the hell are you doing here?"

"That took you so long—you girls take ages to shower. What do you do in there." He asked, amused.

"Shut-up! Leave now." I glared, snatching my panties from his hands.

I hate him.
No I love him
No! No!!!

"You smell divine." He smirked, eyeing me up and down.

What is happening to him? We are not on speaking terms, why is he talking?

Is he sick?

"Leave." I said firmly.

He walked towards me and held me by my waist.

"Just so you know, I will kick his ass." He dangerously said before leaving my room.

What did he meant by that? And whose ass?

God...I wish I could understand the male population, but no. I will never understand them.

I quickly wore a simple outfit that consisted of sleeveless white crop top and a pair of shorts. I paired white converse with them.

I love converse.

I have this lunch thing with Troy and surprisingly, I am looking forward to that.

As much as Troy is a pain in the ass, but he is the only person I want to be around now.

"Mia.." my father's voice called.

I turned around and found him standing in the hall.

"Can we talk?" He asked, nervously.

"I am busy." I said and turned to leave but he stopped me.

"Please, Mia."

I decided to talk to him. Anyways, till when will I run from him and ignore him?

We entered his office and sat down.

"Look baby, I am sorry." He sadly said, "—I shouldn't have done what I did and I know the word sorry means nothing right now, but please know that I didn't want to hurt you."

"I know dad, but you did." I replied, "—but that doesn't mean I hate you." I added to make him feel a little bit better.

"Really?"

"Really." I gave him a weak smile and hugged him.

I really really miss talking to him.

"I am sorry for ignoring you." I mumbled.

"You had a good reason."

****

"So, what do you want to order?" Troy asked, holding the menu with his hands.

"I think i'll go with a burger." I said as my stomach growled.

He chuckled.

"Okay then—two burger meals please." He told the waiter, who took the order and left.

"So, what's going on between you and River?" He asked shocking me.

"Excuse me?"

"Oh please, anyone from a 100 mile could see the sexual tension between the two of you."