Chapter Fourteen - The Trip

I hope you like this chapter! <3
-

When my friends left, I quickly called my father and told him to meet me at the basement

This is not good. Cameron knowing is not good. I know I wanted to tell someone so bad, but now I wish I composed myself and didn't show anything. I wish I didn't let him know.

I know I am selfish, but he really did surprise me and I couldn't fake it. Who thought that Cameron could ask this type of question and who even told him?

The problem now is that my father will tell me what should be done and I know what should be done. Cameron has to join the mafia because of Omertà or die. Now some people may say that he could just take the oath of Omertà and walk away like nothing happened, and remain silent, but it doesn't work that way.

The code of silence is not just to remain silent and never talk to the police about the mafia, it's also handling criminal activities on your own, and to do that, you have to be in a mafia or a gang, or not, BUT since he now knows about us, he has to join.

The problem is that I don't want him to. Not that he is not eligible or anything, but I don't want this life for him. He does not deserve to live like this. Mafia is hard. So hard. Even me; the daughter of the most powerful mafia leader in America, is not safe. I know my father doesn't want me to have nothing to do with the mafia, but eventually he has to allow me. He just wants to slow the process.

If Luciano Russo is after me, then I have to be ready at all costs.

"What happened?" My father's voice whispered.

"Cameron happened. He knows about me, about us."

"How did that happen?" He asked, shocked.

"Someone must've told him—I asked, but he didn't tell me." I explained.

"You know what should be done, right?"

"But dad, can't we make an exception?" I pleaded. I don't want this life for Cameron, he is too...innocent.

"I can't let him go, not again." He groaned.

"What do you mean not again?" I asked, narrowing my eyes.

"He witnessed the murder of Mrs. Jones, my men brought him to the warehouse, but I didn't show him my face. I let him go because he's your friend, I can't do it again." He explained.

"And you're telling me this now?" I growled.

"Did he say anything else?" He asked suspiciously.

"Something else like what?"

"No, he didn't. But now I understand why he was so quiet these past couple of days and why he seemed off. It's because he witnessed a murder. Oh god.." I started to pace back and fourth.