Chapter Eight - Overthinking

I hope you like this chapter! <3

...

What the fuck did I do?

"I-I am sorry..." I pulled back swallowing hard. He was staring at me with a shocked emotion.

"I don't know why I did it." I embarrassingly said.

I can't believe I did that. I can't believe I kissed him! I gave him my first kiss, what the fuck!

I don't think I like him I don't even know him that well. Why the fuck did I kiss him?

"Please, say something..." My heart was beating so fast. I don't want him to hate me.

"You shouldn't have done that." He quietly said. His face was serious and signs of anger started showing up on his face.

"I know...I don't know what happened." I tried to explain but failed miserably. He suddenly started walking away towards the car.

I quickly followed him and got in after him. He didn't say a word as if nothing had happened. I mean...I know to him what happened might be normal or I don't know...but to me it was something. Something that I cannot explain.

What if I stole his first kiss too?

Oh my god.

"River...I am sorry...-" I started, "W-Was that your umm..first kiss?" I bit my bottom lips.

He turns towards me with a confused look and said, "Of course not."

I sighed in relief.

Did he really kiss someone else before? I mean yeah...he is good looking and all, but after what he told me at the lake, it seemed that he didn't have anyone but David. I mean...who could it be?

This is not the time! UF.

"I am sorry..." I said for the millionth time.

"Just forget about it. We have studying to do." He replied dryly.

I deserve that! I mean who am I to kiss him. Why the fuck did I kiss him?

I mean...at the lake, I did feel weird. A weird feeling I have never felt before. Something like safety and tranquility.

But what does that have to do with the kiss?

He parked his car in his driveway and stepped out. I quickly followed his actions and got out. I followed him inside his house and we walked towards the living room.

"You have your math book with you?" He suddenly asked.

"Yes, I do."

"Good. Sit here, I will quickly take a shower and come back." He said and left.

My heart was still beating..so fast. I didn't want to be here right now. I didn't want to see him because every time I do, I see me stupidity.

I can't believe I gave him my first kiss.