Chapter Eighteen - A Threat

I hope you like this chapter! <3

"So, tell me...what's going on with you and David? You seemed pretty close when we were in the woods." I asked, smirking.

It has been a day since we went on that trip and right now, Camilla and I are sitting in my room, chatting.

"Nothing's...official yet. I mean...we kissed before the trip and he asked me out on a date." She replied shyly.

"You kissed?! why am I knowing this now?" I asked, shocked.

"He seemed to want to take it slow, so I figured to tell you when things get a little bit...you know more."

"He's a good guy Camilla, I am so happy for you." I smiled, hugging her.

"Thanks M—enough about me, what's going on with you and lover boy?" It was her turn to smirk this time.

"Lover boy?" I played dumb.

"River Mia, River."

"N-Nothing's going on—" I replied, looking down sadly, "—after he kissed me, he didn't bring it up and when I did, he told me that we are even now, can you believe it?" I scoffed.

"He's such a jerk."

"I know..."

Suddenly, the door flew open revealing my father. Hr looked so...angry.

"Sorry.. didn't know Camilla is here." He nervously said.

"What happened?" I asked, getting up from the bed. 

"Can we talk for a second?" He asked and I quickly made my way outside the room, but not before assuring Camilla that everything is fine.

"What?" I asked, worried.

"The attack yesterday, we have confirmed that it's Luciano."

"What, how?"

"He left a note and in it, was your name Mia. He made it clear that he wants you."

"Wants me? What could he possibly wants with his half-sister, who he clearly doesn't know?"

That's weird.

"I am not sure, but he might know that you are here, so we have to be careful."

"Don't worry, dad. I can take care of myself." I tried to calm him down.

"I have to tell you something, Mia." He started nervously.

"What is it?"

"Do you promise me not to hate me?"

"Dad, don't say that! I would never hate you." I hugged him.

He was about to talk when the door open revealing Camilla.

"Sorry! I just wanted to go grab some water." She nervously said.

"It's okay—we'll talk later." My father said and left.