Chapter Nineteen - Unknown Message

I hope you like this chapter! <3

I quickly stood up looking around me to see everyone awake and fear covering their faces

"W-What's going on?" Camilla started tearing up. 

"Don't worry, stay here!" I ordered and made my way outside. I thought I was alone, but saw River following me.

"Get back inside!" I hissed. 

"Either I come with you, or you stay inside." He coldly said. 

We walked towards my house when suddenly my father walked out. 

"Dad!" I ran to him holding him still. "What happened?"

"They took your mother." He struggled to say because he was shot.

Mom...

I looked around and saw everyone, including David and Camilla. Shit.

"You all are coming with me." My father ordered.

"Dad please, not them." I pointed at the three. 

"River start the car, David take Camilla with you and make sure she stays with you and doesn't go to the police." My father gave orders.

Wait.

I glanced at River and saw him making his way towards the car.

I couldn't believe it. 

My father also ordered David to keep Camilla away from the police as if he knows that David is not going to go.

My father knows them.

They know my father.

They work for him.

I let go of my father and he fell with a groan. Suddenly, I forgot everything. I forgot that my mother has been taken, I forgot that my father is injured and on the fall groaning, and all I could think about is how I was played by my own family and friends. 

"MIA COME ON!" My father yelled as River grabbed my arm and put me in the car. 

I couldn't really focus. I didn't know what was happening and I didn't want to know. 

My senses came back once we were on the road to god knows where.

"You...you work for my father?" I asked with a shock.

"With not for." He replied nonchalantly as if what I discovered few minutes ago was nothing. 

"Mia, please calm down." My father groaned, still pressing on his wound. 

So let me get this straight. River and David work with  my father, but since when? and why? is it because my father wants to protect me or what? is that why he didn't send someone with us on the trip because I know damn well that he would, but he didn't because River and David are with us.