Chapter Four - Detention Day 2

I hope you like this chapter! <3

Are you excited for River's POV? I am.

I cannot believe that I'll be tutoring her

I cannot believe that I'll be tutoring her. Why did I even say yes? I could've said no, but I couldn't. I couldn't see someone fail when I could've done something.

As the last class ended, I made my way to detention. I hate it there, but with her...it seems interesting. Just a little bit.

I opened the classroom's door and got in. In there were sitting Mia at the front corner, Zack and Barry; Josh's friends in the middle, and a girl who I don't know her name was sitting at the back. As I was walking inside, I see Zack trying to talk to Mia, so I walked towards her and sat beside her. She did look surprised, but I don't really give a shit.

Suddenly, Zack stood up and made his way towards us. He sat behind Mia and started talking to her, I could of course hear everything.

"So...umm Mia. W-Would you like to grab coffee tomorrow?" He nervously asked. If you ask me what one person you could tolerate from Josh's group, I'd say Zack, but that doesn't mean that he is an angel. I don't really believe any of them are angels.

"Sorry Zack, but no." She simple replied making my lips curve a bit.

"Come on! You won't regret it, just one date." He goes again.

"The answer is still no Zack because I will regret it." She replied while looking at him this time.

"But-"

"She said no dude." I blurted out. I didn't mean too, what the hell.

"I am talking to her Martin, stay out of this." Zack whisper-yelled.

"Well, I am not going too, what are you going to do about it?" I arched my brows.

"River, it's fine." Mia said softly. "Zack, piss off." She added coldly.

Zack returned to his place and didn't say another word. I glanced at her and she mouthed a 'thank you,' I just nodded with a small smile I didn't notice I gave.

What's happening?

After the detention was over, Mia and I left the classroom and made our way outside. Her father again asked me to take her home since we live in front of each other. I also took her this morning with me to school. Her father was a little bit worried since we stay late for detention, so he wanted me to take and bring her back just for these days. However, I will try and talk with Principle Carter and see if he could forgive her this time. I only took 2 days and I did hit a guy, it does not matter who started the fight, and it is not fair for me to talk 2 days and she doesn't.

We got in and drove off. The ride was silent and no one talked. There is nothing to talk about really. I wanted to apologize to her because of what I told her yesterday, but I was nervous.