Chapter 1

Disclaimer: All rights to Star Trek and subsequent movies belong to Viacom, CBS, and Paramount Pictures. I do not own the franchise or characters, only the plot line

***Note*** There is no beta. Please feel free to offer non-abusive and constructive criticism. This is my first story. Please be kind.

Chapter One

"Alright, everyone, those of you that have been approved for shore leave, you are free for the day we are here for repairs." Captain Kirk said as he got up from his seat. "Those of you on duty, report to Lieutenant Commander Scott or Doctor McCoy." Just then, Scotty exited the turbo-lift."She's all yours, Scotty."

"Aye, Cap'n. I'll take good care of her."

Kirk slapped him on the shoulder, "I know you will, Scotty."

Commander Spock got up from his station when his relief arrived and joined the Captain in the turbo-lift.

"Are we still on, Spock?"

"Indeed, Captain. I have the reservations for the hovercar, and we can visit the museums."

"I was surprised they had a museum as this is a pleasure planet as it were. It should be interesting to see what they have pre-great awakening." Kirk rocked back on the balls of his feet in excitement."

"You are correct, Captain. We will meet at transporter room four at 0900."

"Alright, Spock. That should give me time to shower before we head down." They arrived at deck five and proceeded to their quarters. "See you soon," Kirk said to Spock as they each entered their quarters. Kirk sighed as the door closed behind him. Every day was getting harder and harder for him to ignore the feelings that Spock caused. He hadn't been this fucked up since that time on Tarsus. He shuddered at the memories, so not going there, and he pushed them back. Grabbing a change of clothes and throwing them on the bed, he headed into the bathroom to take a quick sonic shower so he could make it to the transporter room on time. Once he was finished, he cleaned his teeth and hurried to get dressed. Grabbing his communicator, he headed out the door and onto the lift to the transporter room. He walked in and found Spock was already there waiting on him.

"Ready when you are Spock." Kirk hopped up onto the transporter pad and waited for Spock to make his dignified way up.

"Captain," Spock nodded his head to show he was ready.

"Energize, Ensign." The familiar feel of the transporter washed over them, and they were on the planet within minutes. Kirk took a deep breath of fresh non-recycled air and released it on a deep sigh. "Let's get the show on the road," he said.

"Show, Captain?" Spock looked at him with a raised brow.

"Never mind. Let's go."

They headed to the hovercar rental shop to get their vehicle. Once they had the keys to it, they headed out to the lot to get the car. They had just reached the car when he heard the sound of a body behind him hitting the ground. Kirk swung around to see Spock on the ground. No sooner did he take a step, and he felt the familiar feel of a stun beam hit him. He felt the ground as he hit it before the darkness took him.