Chapter 18.5 [Hercules]

Hercules missed his old alarm clock. He hated it at the time. But now he missed waking up normally. He missed waking up as a person and not as a prisoner.

"Up! Up! You're lazier than mio cugino (my cousin)! Get up!"

He missed it when he didn't know Luciano existed.

Hercules looked over to the doorway. Luciano was banging on the door. He looked impatient. Yet, when didn't he? Hercules often wondered who even listened to the Italian. Luciano seemed to throw tantrums and act spoiled. And he was.

But Luciano never shied away from showing how he was in charge. Hercules winced at the memory. He still remembers the knife wound. It had healed very quickly, much to his surprise. There was a slight scar, though. Hercules wondered if you would notice it. He hoped that you would never see him in pain or bruised; That is if he ever sees you again.

Sadiq will find her when he goes out, right? I need to trust him on that. It's a shot in the dark, but it'll do... He thought as he walked to the doorway. Luciano wore the same uniform as usual: A dark colored outfit with a sash and belt. As well as a hat that held a black tuft of fur or fabric. Hercules figured the former was the most likely option...

"Congratulations, you'll be with the lazy one today. Lutz thinks your strength could be put to good use. However, I feel as though we could also use your intelligence. Kuro didn't do as good of a job as I thought he would..." He sighed. "Either way, you're with Lutz for today. It'll give him and you something to do other than sleeping all the damn time." Luciano pinched the bridge of his nose with one hand and gestured for Hercules with the other.

Hercules followed Luciano through the halls. Even though he's been in this facility-like building for a while now, he still didn't know the directions of this place. It was still a maze to him. So when he saw doors leading to the outdoors, he was ecstatic. The feeling of joy surged through his body. He did his best to hold in his excitement - he didn't want Luciano to have something to take away.

Luciano pushed the door open. There was walkway decorated with flowers and trees that led to a field. Hercules admired the different types of plants. He saw how each side mirrored the other. Halfway towards the field were two water fountains. They too, mirrored one another.

"Gardening is something I enjoy." Luciano said, catching Hercules off guard. "I only allow loyal workers to help tend to my gardens. I don't trust anyone else." He turned his head to the Neko. "I don't trust you to go near them. Don't ever come down this path unless you're accompanied by Lutz, Kuro, or myself. Mio fratello (my brother) has his own garden on the opposite side of the building. He's not allowed to come here either. I don't care if you go to his."

"Oh, um... OK." Hercules replied.

He didn't know what to say. Luciano was acting like a decent person. A person with emotions over someone who was just a ruthless, stabbing machine. It felt nice, but it also was concerning. Was Luciano warning up to Hercules? Or is it just a tactic for a malicious plan?

They walked towards the field. Hercules noticed was already there. He was doing laps around the perimeter.

"Lutz! Get your ass over here!" Luciano yelled.

The German man stopped suddenly and changed directions. Lutz ran towards the mafia boss and the hybrid. He kept breathing heavily, no doubt because of the fact that he was exercising.

"Vhat?" He asked.

"Today's your lucky day. You always bug me about getting a new hybrid to train." Luciano rolled his eyes. He motioned with his thumb towards Hercules. "Here's your new hybrid. Don't annoy me anymore."