Chapter 30 [Reader-Chan]

"Hey! Who are you, Miss? My name's Peter!" He asked before telling you his name.

"I'm—"

"She doesn't need to know about you. She should get to know me first because I'm cooler!" Erland said, interrupting you. He was willing to do anything that was both better and earlier than Peter. Erland turned to you. "I'm Erland and my favorite Pokémon is Stunfisk!"

"Oh, that's... Um, nice..." You said, unsure how to respond. "Anyways, I'm [Name]. It's nice to meet you both."

Upon telling them your name, Peter gasped. His eyes became illuminated with joy and excitement. Did you make him happy?

"Your name sounds very similar to the main character of my favorite show!" (You heard "oh yeahs" come from Matthew and Alfred. They must have noticed the similarity just now.) "Oh, I love that show too! It's one of the few things me and Erland do together without fighting! Right, Erland?"

Peter faced Erland. Again, Erland had a disinterested appearance. Yet he agreed with Peter for once.

"It's OK, I guess... I wish they had fewer scenes with that dragon hybrid and have more scenes with the mechanical hybrid. Besides that, it's a decent show." He said.

"Alfred and Mattie watch it too!" Peter continued.

"Yeah. [Name], you watched some of it with us. What did you think of it?" Asked Alfred.

The spotlight was on you again, making you somewhat uncomfortable. In all honestly, you weren't paying much attention to the show. Your eyes ran over the screen but never took any of it in. You don't even remember what type of show it was. Was it animated or did they have live actors play the characters? Not knowing was rather embarrassing to you.

All you knew about this show was the synopsis Alfred gave you. Er, the very rushed synopsis of a side part. You were pretty sure that he only described the subplot to you; Not the main storyline or anything related to that storyline. Still, knowing that was better than knowing nothing in a sense. At least you had something to base an opinion off of.

"It was alright—like Erland said. It was fine and decent." (What you knew was fine and decent.)

Peter, Alfred, and Matthew seemed disappointed with your lack of enthusiasm of the show. However, they couldn't do anything about it. Erland was practically beaming with pride due to your answer, though. He liked to feel important. He liked it when his opinion was taken as superior. You just fed his ego.

"I like this girl." He said while nodding.

There was a small amount of silence amongst the five of you after that. No one really knew what to say. Well, Peter sort of did.

"Hey, look, it's mom!"

You tried to see who or what he was talking about. Seeing an adult dragon hybrid would be cool. Maybe then you could have someone else to talk to. You thought he was talking about another hybrid though, but that was not the case. A human—one of the ones your humans were talking to—was walking over instead. It caught you off guard too.

How can this person be his mother? You wondered. First off, they're human. And secondly, they look male! Well, they appeared male. However, you had no idea what they identified as. Nor did you know anything about human biology. After all, male sea horses gave birth. Maybe humans were part of that weird situation. But one thing was certain: Humans can not give birth to hybrids, and hybrids can not give birth to humans.

Right...?

He had kind, violet eyes that were similar to Matthew's. His short, blond hair had a lustrous appearance due to the lighting. You noticed that he seemed to walk with false confidence; That he was only pretending to be confident. You couldn't blame them though, you were also outside of your comfort zone and needed to act a certain way.