More to know?

When I finally fell into the dream state, some more memories began to turn up.

~Dream~

I found myself standing on a red carpet that led down an aisle. It was dark and I could barely see anything. The light above me only illuminated a few feet around me.

I looked around "where am I?"

A light turned on further in front me with an echoing click, like any horror game to make the player move forward. From what I could see from it, it looked like it was leading up to a church alter with two pictures frames on it. I walked towards it and stoped when I was close enough to see the pictures. They were of my mom and dad. I blinked and the entire alter was lit and there were two closed caskets in front with two funeral sprays on either side of them. I stared at it for a while till realization hit me and I started to tear up. The lights started to slowly turn red like flames and the frames glass shattered. I felt the floor beneath me shake violently. I lost by balance and fell to my knees.

I blinked and found myself outside on the roof of a building looking over the edge. I got scared and stepped away from the edge but I felt someone push me forward. Before falling off the building, I pivoted around and saw someone standing there with an angry look on their face. I felt the wind rushing past me as I plummeted to the ground below. The last thing I heard was some sickening cracks and a sharp pain in my head.

~Dream end~

I gasped as my eyes flew open, startling Shimiji. The back of my head that was injured started to ache again, almost worse than before. I sat up and touched it only for it to send a horrid shock of pain through my brain. My body twitched forward violently and I fell to my knees on the floor.

"Fuckin ow!" I said quite loudly.

I then heard someone knock on my door "(Name)? Are you ok?" It was Fugo, his room was the next room over.

"I think so," I said getting up, staggering over to the door and opening it "I think I need an ice pack though."

"Did you fall out of bed or something?" He asked.

"No, but the injury I had from when I first came here is hurting again, real bad" I said, leaning on the door way.

"I'll get you an ice pack" he said turning to walk away.

"I'll go down too" I said while following behind him "I don't think I should keep sleeping anyways, I'll mess up my sleep cycle if I do."

We both walked down stairs and went to the kitchen to get me some ice. Fugo took out an ice bag from one of the cabinets and put ice in it for me. I gladly took it from him and held it to my head, strangely, it didn't hurt as much as a few seconds ago.

I thought back to my dream and had a strange feeling in the pit of my stomach. Dreams could have many different interpretations, but this one seemed too real. The pain was still there and it was lingering. One thing from my dream that I do know is that both my parents are dead. That dream brought back the memory of the funeral and the feeling I had when I saw the news. They were killed in a plane crash just before they landed. The engine had exploded and set fire to it midair till it crashed into the ocean just before they could hit land. I had started crying and I was still standing in the same spot.

"(Name)? What's wrong?" Fugo still hadn't left me "why are you crying?" He leaned down a bit to look me in the face.

I looked back at him and blinked a couple times before answering "I've regained a bit more of my memory, but I wish I hadn't" I started to wipe my tears with my sleeve.

Fugo put a hand on my shoulder "do you want to talk about it?"

I was quite for a second "maybe...you think we could talk over a game of chess?"

He tilted his head at my strange request "um, sure, why not" he said.

He and I walked back to my room. We sat on the floor and set the chess board up. I let him make the first move. It was nice playing with someone else who knows what they were doing.

After a few turns, I started to talk to him "What I'm about to tell you, I do intend to tell everyone eventually, but not all at once. I'm actually surprised that I'm telling you this before I even told Mista or Narancia."

I told him that I was from another world, one where stands don't exist and also a bit further in the future. He didn't say anything as I talked, he was listening intently as I elaborate even if there wasn't much for me to say.

I then told him how my life was like "I lived fairly comfortably and was quite spoiled. I wasn't the best in school but I managed to get by. My relationship with my parents was normal, we argued like families do but we loved each other. One night, we got into another argument, but this was far different. I'm not one to hold grudges but I was particularly annoyed that night when the argument happened. Someone I thought was friend had talked bad about me and turned all their friends against me. I had trusted them and I was really frustrated so when the arguing started between them, I yelled back. I just wanted the arguing to stop but it just left me bitter for the rest of the night and the next few days. But during that last day, my parents had to leave for a business trip in England. I was still bitter about what happened and didn't want to talk to them, I said my goodbyes through the door. They came in to try give me a hug but I just snapped at them out of frustration and told them that I just wanted to be left alone. I never thought that would have been the last time I would see them. Their plane had crashed right off the coast, there were no survivors. I got what I wanted. I was mad at them for something so trivial and I was so pissed of at myself for that. I still am right now as well."

I stoped talking and let everything sink in. I felt my tears welled up again. I was barely focused on the game anymore at this point, causing me to lose immediately. I sighed as I wiped my tears away. Then, I felt a light weight on my head. When I looked up, Fugo had a look of sympathy on his face.

"I'm so sorry you've been through such an ordeal..." he was quiet for a bit "...hah, sorry," he said as he moved his hand back and scratched the back of his head "I'm not that great at comforting others and all that. I'm not entirely sure how to deal with this."

I smiled a bit and chuckled "I told my best friend something along those lines a few times. But I really appreciate you sitting down and listening to me, even humoring me a game" I smiled at him with my tears now dried "thank you so much Fugo, you're a nice guy."

"Haha, you really think so?" He asked with a small smile "even with my temper, you think I'm a nice guy?"

"Yeah! Just because you're short tempered, it's not like that's all you are. You're a good listener for one, you care about those around you, not to mention you're hella intelligent!" I said while putting all the pieces back into place "wanna go again?"

Fugo had a look of mild disbelief but smiled again "sure."