° Chapter Nine °

Nightmares From Battles We Can't Change.
"Looks like we're both fucked."

×××

Harry was walking through a field full of sunflowers. He hummed a soft tune, looking around. He frowned when he saw Remus standing with Sirius, James, and Lily.

"Oh, Harry! We're so proud of how far you've come." Lily engulfed him in a hug. Fred was standing next to the other three males.

"Tell George I said hi. I'm watching over him and the family." Fred smiled and Harry felt tears sting his eyes.

Suddenly Tonks was right next to Mad-eye Moody and Dumbledore. Snape was sending him a sneer beside Dumbledore but nodded respectfully. Harry let out a sob as he wrapped his arms around his mother's body. "Shhh, you're okay now."

The dream changed, there were screams and yells of pain. Harry looked around, feeling something hot on his neck. He was in the war. Voldemort stood in front of him, Ron and Hermione at his wand point.

"Last time... where's Harry Potter?"

"You'll never get him." Ron hissed through the fear. Hermione held his hand and they stood against the Dark Lord.

"That's your... death wish."

"NO!"

Harry woke up drenched in sweat. The horntail heating his neck, giving him a slight sting. He saw Neville standing over him with fear in his eyes. "Oh, Harry..." He whispered. The raven-haired boy looked at the other, tears finally leaking out of his eyes. "Neville!" He sobbed. The taller male pulled the other into a bear hug. "I know." He whispered.

Harry cried for what seemed like hours. He told Neville everything, from the Dursleys to Hogwarts. The war was something he couldn't say because every time he opened his mouth he would sob. Neville cried along with Harry, not knowing the pain he had gone through.

Neville was angry at himself for not seeing the signs. He went back every year through his head. Harry had always been a thin and short boy, only now Neville understood why. "Merlin Harry... looks like we're both messed up in the head."

Harry laughed, the beautiful sound leaving his lips before he could help it. Neville laughs with him as he finally lets go. "Your best Nev."

"I try to be." He felt his cheeks heat up at the praise. "How about this weekend we got to Hogsmead? I know about you wearing Hermione's clothes so how about we go get some?" Neville asked.

"I would like that," Harry whispered. The two stayed up and chatted about everything and nothing. Finally being tired the two curled up on Harry's bed and fell asleep.

Harry woke up the next morning to Neville shaking him. He groaned and sat up seeing the shorts at the bottom of his bed. He let a smile slip onto his face as he grabbed the clothes and tucked them away. The two dressed rather slowly as they kept joking around. Once Harry finished brushing his hair he turned to Neville.

"Thanks for last night, Nev."

"Anytime Hare. It was kinda fun, well except the nightmare part." Neville flushed and looked at his roommate.

"Right, the first thing about acting like a Pureblood, your hair." Harry grabbed some of his hair supplies. He worked on Neville's hair a whole 20 minutes before the two left. They chatted quietly as they exited the common room. Harry saw Malfoy's group. "Wanna walk with them?"