° Chapter Ten °

The Potions Accident.
"WATCH OUT!"

×××   

Harry snorted softly at something Nott had said. Professor Slughorn looked at him weirdly before continuing.

"Today we will be making a delusion potion. If you add eel eyes first before the fairy wings... it won't be pretty. I have assigned you, partners," Everyone groaned, "For the rest of the year. Now... starting with..." He shuffled through papers.

"Ms. Granger and Ms. Parkinson.
Mr. Malfoy and Mr. Potter.
Mr. Weasley and Mr. Zabini.
Mr. Nott and Mr. Longbottom..." He carried on with names but Harry tuned him out.

Once people started getting up, Harry packed his things and walked over to Malfoy. "Hello. I'll get the ingredients?"

"I'll start the Potion."

"Lovely." Harry hummed as he walked over to the cupboard. He grabbed the ingredients before walking back to his and Malfoy's shared desk.

The two work in sync, Harry doing everything perfectly. Malfoy kept staring at him after Harry handed him something that he needed. He was busy watching Harry that he made the mistake they weren't supposed to make. Somehow Malfoy reached over when Harry was cutting up the pixie wings and grabbed eel eyes.

Harry saw it a split second before the Potion exploded. Malfoy yelped and Harry heard screams around the class. A pain went straight to his lower stomach, he hissed. "HARRY?" He distinctly heard Hermione's voice before he blacked out.

Harry woke up, he blinked a few times. He looked around and he grabbed his glasses. "What the..." Professor McGonagall was standing by the doors. She was whispering to Madam Pomfrey. He heard groans all around him and he gasped in pain.

"Professor?"

"Neville?"

"Harry?"

"Potter?"

"Students. Stay still or else you will be in even more pain." Professor McGonagall stated with a soothing voice. "Malfoy, Potter, Zabini, Parkinson, Granger, Weasley, Nott, and Longbottom. There was a Potions accident that spilled all over you eight. For some odd reason, we may not have a normal year."

"What happened?" Ron groaned as he rubbed his head. Harry looked around to see that everyone was sitting up in their beds.

"Professor Slughorn has concluded that you may have mental bonds by the results that Madam Pomfrey. We won't know until a couple of hours from now. You all shall stay in here until further notice, your Professors know about your situation. As for now, we have yet to figure out who has the other, but if you are feeling pain... your mental bonded must place their hands on where it hurts to complete the bond." Professor McGonagall spoke in her normal authority voice.

"Lovely." Parkinson snapped. "Who's mine? Cause my fucking hip hurts like hell."

"Wait..." Hermione wheezed out. She motioned for Parkinson to walked closer to her. The two sat on Hermione's bed, Hermione took Parkinson's hand and placed it on her shoulder under her shirt. She let out a relaxed sigh. "Which side is yours?"

"This side." Parkinson took her hand and placed it on the left side of her hip. "Oh, Merlin it feels so much better."

"It would be our Potions partners." Hermione grimaced. Ron looked over at Zabini and the two got closer. Ron took Zabini's hand and placed it on his lower back, under his shirt. Zabini took Ron's hand and placed it on his thigh.

Nott looked at Neville, rolling his eyes. Neville got into Slytherin's bed before grabbing his hand. He placed it on his chest. "Moving kinda fast, aren't we?" Nott joked. "Shut up and tell me where yours is," Neville mumbled as his face grew red. Nott grabbed Neville's hand and placed it on his ribs.

Harry looked at Malfoy. He moved to the other bed. He took Malfoy's hand and let out a deep breath. "This is going to look weird." The Gryffindor whispered. Malfoy went to say something but Harry placed his hand under his shirt, on his lower abdomen. Ron snickered and Harry sent him a glare. Malfoy took Harry's hand and placed it on his upper stomach.

"Great, since the bond is new you will have to be close to your bonded. We will arrange for you all to have your dorms in the common room. Pretty soon you'll hear each other's thoughts, emotions, or even both. That is if the results are correct." Professor McGonagall stated.

Everyone groaned at her words. She looked at them sharply before leaving.

"If Malfoy hadn't been staring at Harry, we wouldn't be in this mess." Ron huffed as his cheeks flushed angrily. Neville snorted which earned him glares. "Don't blame me for this Weasley. It's Potters fault for looking like he knew everything." Malfoy retorted.

"I DID!" Harry cried. "Shut it. No use fighting now, we're all stuck together." Hermione snapped at the group. Parkinson looked at her with slight fear but then the Hospital Wing doors slammed open.

Luna looked at them all before her eyes landed on Malfoy. She glared at him. "Draco Lucius Malfoy!" She snapped as she got closer to them. "Don't you ever scare me like that again! I had to have Dean tell me where you were as we were supposed to go to the library after-" Harry tuned her out after that.

If anyone else came inside they would think that Malfoy was touching him weirdly. Harry let out a soft huff, today was the worst day to start school he thought bitterly.