° Chapter Thirty-Six °

The Speeches of Time.
"This will forever be our home."

×××

Professor Sprout handed Professor McGonagall a list and a table magically appeared. As the Headmistress read off names, Harry caught Hermione and Ron's eye. They smile sadly as butterflies fill Harry's stomach. Suddenly he heard a familiar name.

"They've shown kindness to our school more than ever, helping out first year's of any house, and bringing pride to any person they meet. Excelling in Potions and Charms classes, Lucas Cruise!"

Lucas stood up from the Gryffindor side, wearing male robes. They walked up, shaking hands with Professor McGonagall. She whispered something in their ear before handing them their papers rolled up in a red silk ribbon.

"Never forget who you are, and don't let people change you for the worst. Change for yourself not for everyone else." Lucas said before walking back to their seat.

The names went on before Hermione's was called. "She's the brightest witch of all her years in Hogwarts, she showed bravery in every aspect. She fought alongside her friends and never betrayed them. Excelling in Transfiguration and every other class, Hermione Granger."

Hermione wiped tears from her eyes. She walked up and hugged Professor McGonagall. The older lady whispered in her ear then handed her the papers. The bushy-haired female spoke to the crowd.

"Don't judge a book by its cover, because you never know what it has been through," Hermione said, smiling at Ron and Harry. She walked back to her seat, tears streaming down her face.

A few names later, Neville's was called. "He broke out of his shell. He became a true Gryffindor, showing everyone that one can change through difficult times. A shy little boy grew up to become a power man. He excelled in Herbology and Charms, Neville Longbottom!"

Neville stood up, a bright smile on his face. He stumbled up to the stage and blushed. Chuckles went around but we're cut short when Neville grabbed his papers.

He coughed before talking. "It's great to stand up to enemies, but stand up to your friends when they're wrong. Don't be afraid because it could happen, be brave because you won't let it happen." He grinned, walking back to his seat.

It took a while before Luna's name was called. "She's a strange one, but smart. She was herself and let no one influence her decisions in her life. She chose to believe when no one ever did.
Excelling in Care of Magical Creatures and Division, Luna Lovegood."

Luna got up from her seat. She skipped towards the stage and waved at everyone before taking her papers wrapped in a royal blue silk ribbon. She spoke softly, "Don't stop dreaming!" Then she skipped back to her seat after shaking hands with every single one of the Professors.

Many went before Draco's name was called. "He's the brightest wizard of all his years in Hogwarts. He showed his true colors during the war, giving his all to correct his mistakes. Excelling in Potions and all of his classes, Draco Malfoy."

Draco stood up from his seat. He carefully walked from his seat up to the stage. He shook hands with Professor McGonagall before she whispered in his ear. "I'm so proud of you Draco. You've made it this far and I know your mother is extremely proud of you. Go show the world what you're made of."

Draco nodded numbly, taking his papers wrapped in a dark green silk ribbon. He looked at the crowd with tears in his eyes. "Never let your mistakes define you, learn from them because you'll become a better person." He spoke in confidence, a smile on his face. The male walked back to sit seat, catching Harry's eye.

Theo's name was called shortly after. "He's a loyal person to those who have trust in him. He loves his friends and is very ambitious! Excelling in Transfiguration and Astronomy, Theodore Nott II."