° Chapter Sixteen °

The Date
"You... Wow."

×××

Harry was waiting in the entrance hall. He held a small box, but he shrank it, putting it inside of his pocket. He was wearing a grey plaid shirt and some ripped jeans shorts. under his plaid shirt, he wore a white shirt. 

"This is it." Harry smiled brightly. He glanced at the black nails that Pansy had done. He heard footsteps and looked up. Draco was wearing a black shirt with black and white striped long sleeves, he had a chain necklace on with black ripped jeans. The man's blue hair was fading but it was still evident, he had styled it so it was messy but it worked well with the outfit.

The two stared at each other in awe. "Whoa. You look so... you." Harry felt his cheeks heat up. He was wearing eyeliner and mascara with clear gloss on his lips. He bit his lip. "Why thank you, Dray, you don't look so bad yourself." He giggled softly. Draco felt butterflies fill his stomach. "Would you like to go now or just stare at me?" Harry asked softly.

"Oh yeah! I have got permission from Professor McGonagall to apparate to the restaurant. We will be having our private room because it's in the Wizarding World." Draco held out his arm. 

Harry smiled and went to grab Draco's upper arm on his left. He stopped himself and looked up at Draco. "Dray, are you sure?" He glanced at the other's forearm. The Slytherin only nodded slightly. Harry grabbed onto Draco's upper arm gently. "I'm ready."

The two apparated, the world felt as if spinning. Finally, it stopped. Harry opened his eyes and gasped. They were outside of an Italian restaurant. "Draco... If you've taken us to Paris I swear to Merlin." Harry kept his eyes on the restaurant. Draco just smirked and twirled Harry towards the Eiffel Tower. "Maybe."

"You did it!" Harry felt his eyes tear up. "I've... You, Mr. Malfoy, are crazy." He whispered before setting a small kiss on Draco's lips. "I want the best for you, Mr. Potter. You deserve it after everything you've been through." Draco whispered.

Harry just smiled, wiping some of the gloss off of Draco's lips. "Let's go my love." He whispered and took Draco's hand. He felt happiness and nervousness once more but felt a flood of love. Draco took the lead towards a girl with bright blonde hair, she wore a simple black shirt and jeans.

"Rosemary? Private room for Malfoy." Draco spoke in a soft voice. The girl nodded and lead the two off to the side, people whispered as they walked past. Soft music played as Harry glanced around. Finally, the two were seated. "What could I get for you two?"

"I would love a petal tea, Hare?" Draco hummed softly, both of them sitting elegantly. "I would like water with lemon. That's it for now." Harry had his hands on his lap.

The girl, Rosemary, left. Harry let a smile slip into his face. "You know... I like you. It's been weird seeing you change over these years." He felt his cheeks warm up, glancing up to see Draco looking at him.

"Really?" The Slytherin smirked, looking at Harry with a small glint in his eyes. Harry rolled his eyes and let a smirk also slid onto his face. "Mr. Malfoy do not let that go to your head. You'll never hear it from me ever again."

"Of course love. I want to learn more about Mr. Lupin." Draco tried to pass it as a joke but immediately felt Harry's sadness develop him. "I-I mean Ed- Teddy." Harry felt a rush of dread fill him from Draco's side. He knew that the paler male didn't mean any harm but Harry had to get used to people calling Teddy Mr. Lupin. 

"Well, Teddy's still pretty young, but he loves the color teal. I have no idea where he gets it from. One day we found a White Rose when we were walking in Muggle London. Ever since then he's loved every Rose we come across. He hates his first name ever since I've got to know him. He loves me, hardly ever changes his hair when he's with me. Andromeda says he babbles about me all the time." Harry rambled on about his godson. Draco listened intently, mentally taking down everything about his baby cousin.

Harry could tell that Draco had questions about Sirius, and the Gryffindor knew he had a right to know about his cousin. But it still hurt to talk about it even after everything. "So... My mother's a Black. She explained some of it to me when I was younger, wasn't there... Sirius and a..."

"Regulus. Sirius was... they were brothers. Bellatrix, Andromeda, and Narcissa were sisters while the two boys were their cousins. Understand?" Harry explained in a soft voice. He felt uncomfortable talking about Sirius this early on but he had to talk about him at one point. He felt his horntail heating up, a small smile slipped onto his face. With everything going on he hadn't been paying attention to his tattoos.

Draco decided to change the subject as he felt Harry's emotions. "If you were to learn you had more homes in your possession, would you move?" He asked softly. Harry looked at him with a curious glint in his eyes. "Maybe in a few years. It depends if I start a family. I don't want to live in Grimmauld Place with children. There are too many dark artifacts inside of the house especially the attic."

"Uncle Orion did love his Dark Arts things." Draco chuckled softly, as did Harry. Rosemary came back and the two ordered their food. They chatted a lot about what they wanted to do once they were out of Hogwarts. Draco wanted to be a Healer, and Harry wanted to be the Defense Against the Dark Arts Professor. 

They wanted kids, both of them wanted to give their kids the lives they both never had. Draco looked at Harry with clear love in his eyes. "We've both been through some rough shite, huh?" He chuckled softly. "Yeah, I suppose."

They were silent as they ate, chatting every once in a while. Harry was enjoying this date. He was hoping to keep Draco in his life for a while. Draco was having an amazing time as well.
After the two finished eating, Draco stood up.

"One more place to go before we head back." He held out his hand for Harry and smiled. "Okay then." Harry stood up slowly, taking Draco's hand. "Show me, Mr. Malfoy." 

Harry immediately felt himself go through a tube. He found himself gripping onto Draco's upper arm. The two were high up in the night sky, looking down he saw the Eiffel Tower. "You did not!" He gasped as he saw the stars brighten in the sky. Draco was sitting down on the thick ledge of the Tower.

"I thought this would be a lot better than the Astronomy Tower." The Slytherin smirked as Harry sat down and scooted closer to him. "Thank you for today. I've been the happiest I've been in forever. My face hurts from smiling so much." Harry whispered. Draco just smiled. "You aren't the only one." 

Harry pulled out his small box, unshrinking it. "Dray... I have something for you?" The Gryffindor whispered. He held it out for Draco. "You got me something?"

"Y-Yeah. I mean... It's nothing I just... I just found it at Hogsmead." Harry whispered. The Slytherin opened it and immediately smiled. It was a thick silver and dark grey ring. It had silver snakes wrapping around it. "You got me a ring?" He chuckled softly.

"I did... Do you not like it?" Harry frowned. Draco shook his head rapidly. "I do; I love it. But I also got you something." Draco grabbed his small box out of his pocket and handed it to Harry. Harry opened it, it was a thin ring, with dark green, gold, and black blotches on it.

"Dray..." Harry whispered with tears in his eyes. "Don't say anything, just sit with me for a while," Draco stated. He put the ring on his thumb. Harry set the ring on his pointer finger, a bright smile on his face.

The two males sat there, looking up in the sky. Harry embedded the memory in a safe file. He wanted to keep this in his mind forever. They both stared up at the universe, loving each other in silence. The night went on, and so did their love for each other.