T H R E E

Hannah C. Poland}•

My home wasn't far from the cafe but just near it, I shared it with my roommate Terry, we've been best friends since birth you can say. I met her as the girl next door to me when I was four and we clicked instantly. Terry is the polar opposite from me she's confident in anything she does and that's what I love about her always pushing me to step out of my comfort zone but always their to protect me no matter the situation.

For example, when we were in middle school I always stuck out like a sore thumb interested in other thing then the girls at my school. The cons of going to private school. One day these group of girls were making fun of me calling me an "ugly duckling and no one would ever like me" and what did Terry do when she saw the scene unravel she punched them and got suspended for the next couple of days and in those days I didn't go to school so I can spend time with her.

I opened the door placing my bag down "T I'm home!"

"What the hell Hannah where have you been?!" Terry came in with a worried expression plastered on her face hugging me.

"You scared me I thought something happened I texted and called you, after everything-" she rambled on not knowing when to stop.

"T Im fine" I assured her cutting her off.

"I just don't w-"

"T really Im fine I just went out for a morning swim and took a walk around" I smiled reassuring her once again, she smiled at me and slowly nodded her head as we both walked to the living room. She went on venting to me how much she hated her boss as my phone went off . I stared down at it to see it was an unknown number. I opened my phone to the message

Hey stranger

I didn't think he was going text me at all or expected him too. "Hello earth to Hannah are you listening"

"Oh uh...sorry I just got a text" I shook my head.

My finger began moving across my screen pressing send to the text as I typed.

sorry my mom told me not to talk to strangers

My phone got snatched out of my hands I turned over to see T with my phone in her hands, a smirk across her lips. "oooo a boy"

"Fuck off" I laughed as I took my phone back racing to my room avoiding any conversation she was going to follow up with.

"I didn't even finish my story!" She yelled from the living room

"I wasn't even listening" I joked receiving a laugh from her. I laid down on my stomach as my phone dinged again.

Forget about me already?

I chuckled at his respond typing one back

Seems like it

My phone began ringing as I turned on my back bringing the phone to my ear.

"Remember me now" his thick accent rang through my ear.

"Ohhh Brit boy" I joked hearing him chuckle into the phone causing me to smile.

"Oh we're giving each other nicknames now... Anna"

I chuckled at his nickname he gave me never hearing that one before "I mean my mom did call me Hannah banana but I guess that one can stick too"

"Let me take you on a little drive tonight Anna" I could already see the smile on his face through the other side of the phone I shook my head and let out a breath.

"You won't end up being a serial killer right?" I questioned as I referred to our conversation earlier on at the cafe he lightly laughed.

"No promises, I'll pick you up at 7"he states before hanging up not letting me give him a response smiling to myself in my room like an idiot.