T H I R T Y E I G H T

Hannah C. Poland}•

After the lantern parade I drove us home knowing Harry wasn't fully sober. Walking through the door to our room closing it behind us turning to Harry wrapping my hands around the back of his neck as he smiles resting his hands on my lower back "Harry?"

"Yes my love" he speak softly looking down at him with a smile I didn't say anything but instead I smashed our lips together closing my eyes at the softness of his lips tasting the alcohol that lingered on lips.

"Thank you" I smile pulling away from our kiss as our foreheads stay pressed together.

"Anytime" he mumbles softly.

"I'm going to go take all of this off and get comfy I'll be right back" I telling him pulling away from his embrace.

"Don't take long Im in desperate need to cuddle someone tonight!" He calls out before closing the door to the bathroom laughing at his plead.

I stripped down from my dress getting into the shower the warm water hitting my body once I was finished with my shower taking a makeup wipe removing the rest of the smeared makeup that was left from the shower. Once I was done with that I brushed my teeth slipping into my comfy clothes walking out of the steamy bathroom to see a shirtless Harry laying in bed on his phone "I said don't take long" he pouts extending his arm signaling me to come close him as he tugs on my waist throwing my body to the other side of the bed "Harry!" I laughed

"I was getting impatient" he mumbled throwing the sheets over my body as he cuddles into me.

"Mm Goodnight love" he muffles into my hair before kissing my temple.

"Goodnight Brit" I smile my ear pressed against his chest as it slowly moves up and down drifting off to sleep at the sound of his heart beat.

• • •

Waking up I felt emptiness to the other side of the bed not feeling his body next to me anymore frowning to myself. That's when I heard a small guitar strumming in the room opening my eyes to see him sitting on the sofa in the middle of the room looking down at his guitar his fingers moving through each strum his lips forming into a line on how concentrated he was, I could watch him for hours and I wouldn't mind.

I rolled over to my side to reach my phone to see I had a message from my friend Samuel. He was my moms bestfriend son from France everytime my mom and I would go back to visit We would always see eachother and catch up by going to Art Museums founding over the beautiful art hung up. I stood up looking over at Harry lifting his head at the suden movement in the room "Goodmorning" I smile

"Goodmorning love" he smiles back

"Do you mind if I make a call I can go outside if you don't want any noise" I asked pointing at my phone.

"No no you your okay here I'm just messing with my guitar don't mind me" he tells me nodding his head in approval, smiling I click on samuels contact after a few rings the other line picks up.

"Bonjour Hannah" his voice sounding low like he just woke up.

"Tu dors?" I asked feeling sorry that I may have woken him up forgetting the time difference between Italy and France.

"Je viens de me réveiller mais c'est bon, je devais me réveiller bientôt" he assured me with a small chuckle.

"Oh, j'suis désolée." I laugh a bit still apologizing that I wokeup him up.

"n'êtes-vous pas en Californie, tout va bien?" He asked surprises at my call since we haven't talked in months both becoming busy over time.

"Bah non... nan, c'est pas important.." I tell him messing with the bed sheets in between my fingers.

"maintenant qu'est-ce que je vois hannah dehors et environ avec des styles harry im jaloux comment tu le rencontrer?!" He exclaims causing me to laugh at him shaking my head in embarrassment.

"Ouais, on a été à la plage... et maintenant" I trail off looking at Harry with a smile continuing to play the guitar.

"chanceux pour vous mon fiancé et moi nous envolons pour la Californie la semaine prochaine et j'aimerais tout voir et tout entendre!" He tells me with excitement.

"Parfait ! Allez !" I smile

"Bye Hannah!" He cheers before hanging up I set my phone down my night stand walking over to Harry who smiled moving his guitar down as I cuddle into his lap.

"I would love to hear you speak French more often" he smiles reaching for his phone off the coffee table.

"Oh yeah? Je vous adore" I tell him softly as his eyes sparkle looking at me.

"I adore you too" he cheekily smiles my eyes widening that he understood that.

"I thought you didn't know French!" I gasp

"That was too easy not understand love" he pokes my nose causing me to let out a small laugh rolling my eyes at him,  his phone catching my eye that he was recording himself playing earlier.

"You were recording? I'm sorry I told you I could've went outside" i sighed knowing my voice just ruined his whole recording.

"It's okay your voice made it sound just like a song" he pecks my lip smiling like an idiot right after.