Prologue

A/N- the timeline is the first avengers movie but instead of being in 2012 its in 2014. I do not own any of this characters or the plot I only own Athena.

Dream

"She cant be here" a voice said.

"She is my daughter! You can't take her away from me!" My mom yelled "mommy?" I asked she turned around "honey, go back to bed" she said and turned back towards the man "she is 5 years old! You cant take her!" She said to him "Natasha, it will be better for her to stay away from any danger" the man said.

"I can protect her" mom yelled.

"I know you can but we need her safe" the man said.

"Fury, you can't take her from me" mom said.

"Natasha! Stop arguing she is staying with a nice family" he said and walked towards me.

7 years old

I woke up with sweat dripping down my forehead I wipe my forehead and get up from my bed and quietly opened my door and walked downstairs to the fridge and grabbed a water bottle and went back to my room. After a while I finally fell back asleep.

I woke up to my foster dad coming into my room and grabbing my arm and pulling me out of bed. he dragged me to the basement and tied me to the hospital bed and grabbed a needle "I have a new serum I would like to test on you" my foster dad said and stuck the needle in my arm. My vision started to go blurry when I heard yelling coming from the stairs, I heard my foster dad getting dragged upstairs. "There's a kid down here" a male voice said "ok" the voice said a couple seconds later. The man came to the table and started undoing the ties one the bed. My vision started to go out and in every now and then. "Hey kid, stay with me" the man said and I passed out.

I woke up in a small white room "you are awake" a voice said I turned towards the voice and saw a nurse standing by my bed. "Don't be scared, sweetie" the nurse said and opened the door "get the director. She's awake" the nurse said to a person outside "what's going on?" I asked.

"Don't worry about it" the nurse said then a man with a eye patch came into the room "hello Athena, I'm Director Nick Fury and we are here to help you" the man -Nick Fury-said.

Present

I walked down the Helicarrier and walked into the training room. I picked up some throwing knifes and went over to the target and started throwing them.

After I finished training I walked back to my room and changed out of my active wear and into some grey leggings and a black t-shirt and sat on my bed and read. I fell asleep while reading.

I woke up to a loud alarm going off and I ran outside. I ran to where everybody was running when I heard voices in the lab so I snuck in. "Talk to me, Doctor" Nick Fury said as he entered "Director" Dr. Selvig said "is there anything we know for certain?" Fury asked "the Tesseract is misbehaving" Doctor said "is that supposed to be funny?" Fury asked "no, its not funny at all" doctor said.

"The tesseract is not only active, she's....behaving" the doctor said.

"I assume you pulled the plug" Fury said, "she's a energy source. We turn off the power, she turns it back on. If she reaches peak level" the doctor said but after that I zoned out from being tired. I tuned back in when Director Fury said "where's Agent Barton?" He said.

"The hawk, up in his nest as usual" Dr. Selvig replied Barton came down and started walking with Director Fury when another scientist popped her head out "Doctor, its spiking again" the doctor said.

"No ones come or gone and Selvigs clean. No contact, no IMs. If there was any tampering, sir. It wouldn't be at this end" Barton said.

"At this end'?" Director Fury asked.

"A doorway to the other end of space, right? A door opens from both sides" Barton said.

"Not yet" Dr. Selvig whispered the Tesseract started to spike again but this time with a lot more power than the rest. After the rumble from the cube I walked backwards and knocked something over, it landed with a big metal clang "shit" I whispered I heard walking coming towards me and I gave up and walked out of my hiding spot "Athena, what are you doing in here?" I heard Dr. Selvig ask.

"I was checking out the......problem" I said a little hesitant and he turned towards the Director who was looking at me "Agent Brown, get out of the building its not safe" Fury said the tesseract started spiking again, we all looked at it as it got bigger and bigger, it shot a blue ray out and formed some sort of blue circle in the middle of the room. I was frozen at the sudden burst of energy, the blue circle of energy released and went up the walls.

All of the agents went up to where the tesseract was with their weapons drawn. We all saw a man kneeling on the ground.

"Sir, please put down the spear" Fury yelled at the man as he stood up from the ground, the man shot the spear at all of the agents, I ducked behind the wall and barely missed the blue energy, I heard guns shooting and I froze and looked around the corner of the wall and saw the black haired man attack one of the agents. I saw the mans face and realized it was Loki the brother of Thor. "Holy shit" I whispered as he killed a couple of the agents, I ducked behind the wall when Loki turned towards it, I sucked in a shaking breath. I heard more gun shots and groans of agents getting injured and killed, I heard him say "you have a heart" and then a noise from the staff.

I peaked around the wall again and saw Loki holding the staff to Clints chest and his eyes go bright blue "oh no" I said a little louder than I meant, Fury turned his attention to me and waved his hand for me to get out and I took a shaking breath in and shook my 'no' and held up my left hand and focused my energy on the staff in Loki's hand, the staff began to shake and then it stopped. I looked at Fury with wide eyes and he shakily stood up he grabbed the Tesseract and put it in a case and closed it "please don't, I still need that." Loki said and I walked out and crouched behind a huge box."This doesn't need to get any messier" Fury said.

"Of course it does" Loki said "I've come too far anything else. I am Loki, of Asgard, and I am burdened with glorious purpose." Loki said and I cover my mouth from laughing "Loki, brother of Thor." Dr. Selvig said.

"We have no quarrel with your people" Fury said.

"An ant has no quarrel with a boot" Loki said "are you planning to step on us?" Fury asked, I get Director Fury's attention and mouth to him 'the door is blocked. I cant get out' he nodded slightly and turned back to Loki "I come with glad tidings of a world made free." Loki said.

"Free from what?" Fury asked.

"Freedom is life's great lie." Loki said and I turn towards the door I raise my hand and try to move the huge rock that is blocking the door but it wouldn't budge.