Chapter 19

Peter lost his Spider Man suit and went home. I was left on the roof top and had to find my own way down.

I got home and went to my room straight away trying to avoid a lecture from my mom. My mom came into my room with a angry look on her face "look mom, I already got yelled at by Tony. I don't need to get yelled at by you too" I said to her "you could have died. Everybody on that ship could have died. Do you really want that on your conscience?" She asked in a harsh tone "no" I said looking down "look, I get it you wanted to help but you have to think things through. Put civilians safety first" she said and left. I laid back on my bed and fell asleep.

I got to school and went to my locker and grabbed my books and went to Homeroom. "Do you have a date for Homecoming tonight?" Betty asked on the TV. 'Ugh, Homecoming is tonight' I thought and put my head in my hands.

*After School*
I got home and started to get ready for Homecoming. I took a quick shower and changed in my dress (photo above) I put on a light layer of makeup and put on some black heels. I grabbed my backpack and put my Shield uniform in it just in case. I finished getting ready and went outside to Happy's car and got in and drove to the high school.

I got to the high school and went inside. I got inside and put my backpack into my locker and went into the gym. I got into the gym and went over to Ned "hey" I said and he turned around "hi" Ned said then looked behind me "Peters here and he looks like he seen a ghost" he said, I turned around and saw Peter who had wide eyes and looked horrified. He looked down at his phone and started typing something, a second later Ned and I's phone binged with the alert of having a text message, I looked at the text message.

Peter: Meet me in the computer lab, now
Ned: ill meet you there
Me: Ill be there in 2 minutes
We texted him back and started walking towards the computer lab.

We got to the computer lab and went in. We sat down across from Peter and he looked up at us "Liz's dad is Vulture" he said.

"What? Are you serious?" I asked.

"Yeah, he threatened me in the car" he said.

"We have to stop him" he said and I nodded "I'll be right back" I said and got up and walked to my locker. I grabbed my backpack and went to the bathroom and changed into my Shield uniform.

I walked back into the computer lab and went over to Peter "do you know where he is going?" I asked.

"He said something about a pick up at a warehouse" Peter said.

"I put my phone in his car so we can track it" he said.

"Can you do that, Ned?" He asked.

"Of course" Ned said, he started typing and found the location and sent it to me. We walk out of the  school "hang on" he said and I wrapped my arms around his neck and he shot his webs and we swung towards the warehouse.

We got to the warehouse and found him at a desk "hey!" Peter yelled.

"Oh hey, Pete. I didn't hear you come in" Mr. Toomes said.

"I got you" Peter yelled.

"I got to tell you, Pete. I really, really admire your grit. I see why Liz likes you. I do. When you first came to the house I thought 'really?' But I get it now" he said.

"How could you do this to her?" I asked.

"To her? I'm not doing anything to her. I'm doing it for her" he said.

"Uh, yeah" Peter said then shot one of his webs at a bottle "oh, Peter. You don't understand how the world works" Mr. Toomes said.

"Yeah, but I understand that selling weapons to criminals is wrong" Peter said.

"How do you think Tony Stark built his tower? Or any of his little toys? Those people, those people up there. The rich and the powerful, they can do whatever they want. But guys like you and me, they don't care about us. We fight all there wars and everything but they don't care about us. That's how it is. I know you know what I'm talking about, Peter" he said "why are you telling me this?" Peter asked.

"Because I want you to understand, and I needed a little time to get her airborne" he said.

"Peter, get down!" I yelled and ducked, Peter jumped up and flipped over the pair of wings and landed, the wings were targeting us so we jumped around the room trying to dodge the hits. "Im sorry, Peter" he said.

"What do you mean it hasn't even touched us yet" Peter said.

"True. But It wasn't trying to" he said and the pair of wings started to cut trough the Pillers and the roof started to collapse. I held up my hands trying to make it so it wouldn't fall on us but the pair of wings hit my back and I fell to the floor unconscious.I woke up and felt someone carrying me, the person put me down gently "Are you okay?" Peter asked.

"Yeah, my head hurts" I said and started walking "where is he?" I asked.

"I don't know" he said.

"Isn't Tony moving" I said.

"What if he is robbing the jet?" I said and he gave me a wide eyed look.