Chapter 17

I woke up at 6 in the morning since I slept so much yesterday, I got up quietly and went to my suitcase and changed (photo above) and I walked out of my room and went downstairs and went into the breakfast room. I grabbed my usual breakfast an apple and went back up to my room. I went into my room and sat down on my bed and started playing on my phone.

*Decathlon Competition*
We went downstairs and went through the metal detectors and got ready for the competition.

We got on stage for the competition and started to answer questions.

We were on our last question and MJ answered it correctly. We won the competition.

*Time Skip One Hour*

We are going on a tour of the Washington Monument "Michele do you want to come with?" Mr. Harrington asked.

"No, I don't want to explore something that was built by slaves" she said.

"It wasn't built by slaves" Mr.Harrington said the looked over at a security guard and the security guard nodded "never mind" he said and left.

We started the tour and went into a elevator to go to the top level. Then something in Neds backpack exploded and almost broke the elevator. "Oh my god" I yelled as the elevator started to shake a little, there was a outline on the top of the elevator "don't worry, our safety systems are working" the tour guide said.

"We are very safe in here" she said, she opened the top of the elevator and started to get some of the kids out. I was about to get out when Flash pushed me aside "here take my trophy" he said then grabbed the tour guides hand and was pulled up. The strings on the elevator started to break and Ned, Liz, Mr. Harrington, and I where still left. While Flash was being pulled up the top of the elevator started to come off. I heard glass breaking then the rest of the roof broke off and we were falling, the elevator stopped, then started to fall again then we landed on a beam and Spider Man fell into the elevator. The elevator started to fall again, then Spider Man shot his web up and stopped it "ay how you doin'? I got you" he said then Ned started to jump up and down "hey, big guy stop moving" he said, he started to pull the elevator up far enough that we got to two doors. The security guards on the other side started to open the doors and started to get everybody out, I was the last one, the roof above Spider Mans feet went out and I fell I started screaming, Spider Man shot one of his webs and it landed on my hand, he pulled me up and I landed in the door way.

After that, Spider Man fell "thank you" Mr. Harrington said then Flash leaned over "are you really friends with Peter Parker?" He yelled but got no answer.

We got back to the hotel and I went into my room with MJ, she was very worried about the whole group that was on the elevator. "What happened?" She asked.

"Um, we were in the elevator, something blow up, the elevator started to break, then the elevator fell and Spider Man caught it with his webs, then it broke and he fell into the elevator...." I explained the whole thing to her and her mouth was wide open the entire time "that's horrifying" she said.

"Yeah" I said 'I've been through worse' I thought, I sat down on my bed and just sat there "we are leaving early tomorrow morning, we should go to bed" I said and laid down "you're right" she said then also laid down and fell asleep almost immediately.

After a hour I got up and went down to Peter and Neds room. I got there and knocked, Ned opened the door and let me in. "Peter just got back" he said.

"Ok" I said and walked with Ned further into the room. I saw Peter sitting in the bathroom cleaning up some scratches "are you okay?" I asked and Ned and I went into the bathroom "yeah, I'm fine" he said and winced as he cleaned a scratch on his face "how are you going to cover that up?" I asked.

"I don't know" he said.

"Let me help" I said and grabbed the rag and started cleaning it. By the time we were done it was 1 in the morning "I'm gonna go" I said and walked to the door and opened it and started to walk to my room "Athena" I heard from behind me turned around and got tackled into a hug, I saw it was Peter "I'm glad you're okay" he said.

"Thanks" I said and hugged him back.

I got back to my room and went to my suit case and changed into a pair of black shorts and a dark blue tank top and went to bed.