Chapter 9

"Russia?" I questioned.

"We can send a team to get them" he said.

"No, I want to get them myself" I said and got up "Athena, be careful" he said and I walked out of the office.

I went to my room and began to pack for the trip to Russia. I went to the computer room and told one of the agents to look up where the Shield base was there. "Miss, I located it" the agent said.

"Where is it?" I asked.

"Volgograd, Russia" the Agent said.

"Thank you" I said and walked away.

I grabbed my bags and headed to one of the jets and got in. I started the jet up and flew off.

After about 6 hours I was half way there. I set the jet to auto-pilot and went to bed.

-
I woke up after my 5 hour nap and turned the jet off of auto-pilot. I started to lower the jet down and and began looking for the base.

After a hour I found the base and used my walkie-talkie "Я хотел бы получить разрешение на посадку (I would like permission to land)" I said through the walkie-talkie "кто ты? откуда ты? (Who are you? Where do you come from?)" the man on the other end asked "Я агент Браун из базы Манхэттен Шилд (I am Agent Brown of the Manhattan Shield Base)" I said through the walkie-talkie, the Agent on the other side granted me permission to land and I did.

I got out of the jet with my bag and saw a older lady walk up to me "hello, you must be Agent Brown. I am Agent Ivanov, I am the Director at this Shield base" she said with a Russian accent "nice to meet you" I said to her and started walking with her "what brings you to Russia?" She asked.

"I have orders from Director Fury to get some memories" I said and she nodded "yes, which ones?" She asked.

"The memories of Agent Romanoff from 2005" I said and she nodded and walked down a set of stairs.

After the long staircase we finally made to a lab underground, Agent Ivanov went over to a steel door and began to type on a keypad by the door. The keypad scanned her eye and the door opened, she walked in. She came back out with a little vial and handed it to me "thank you" I said and started walking up the stairs with her "you're welcome" she said.We got to the top of the stairs and overheard some commotion. She walked into her computer room "в чем дело? (What's going on?)" she asked in Russian "у нас есть еще один самолет Shield, желающий приземлиться (we have another shield jet wanting to land)" an agent said.

"какое имя они дали вам? (What was the name they gave you?) I asked.

"Клинт Бартон и Стив Роджерс (Clint Barton and Steve Rogers)" he said.

"Oh crap" I whispered.

"впусти их (let them in)" I said and the agent nodded and replied to them.A couple minutes later they walked through the door in their suits and walked up to me "we need to go" Clint said.

"Why?" I asked.

"Because its not safe here" he said.

"You knew didn't you?" I whispered to him "yes, I did know she got her memories erased but I didn't know why" he whispered back. I walked by them and grabbed my bag "let's go. it was nice to meet you, Agent Ivanov" I said with a little of my Russian accent coming through and I walked towards the jet with Steve and Clint following me.

We got on the jet and began to take off.

It's been about 2 hours since we left Volgograd. We are still in Russia when we felt something hit the side of the jet. "What was that?" I asked.

"I don't know" Clint said then something hit the side again "Hydra" I whispered.

"We need to get out of here quick" I said with the panic clear in my voice "who are they?" Clint asked.

"Hydra" I said and he turned the jet on cloaking mode and speed towards Manhattan.

-
10 hours later we got to Manhattan with Natasha's memories. But by the time we got home it was 1 in the morning. Got to my room and went to sleep almost immediately.

-
I woke up the next morning at 7 and started to get ready. I took a quick shower and changed into black leggings and a blue shirt with a leather jacket over top and walked out of my room and to the cafeteria. I got to the cafeteria and grabbed a apple and bite into it. I leaned against the cupboard and took another bite out of my apple. Director Fury came in and came over to me "come with me" he said and I followed him out of the room.

We arrived to another room and we walked in. There was someone sitting down at one of the tables then Fury left. The person who was sitting down at the table stood up and turned around. I couldn't believe who I saw "you're...alive" I said and hugged him. "Surprise" Agent Coulson said.

"How?" I asked.

"Its a long story that ill explain later" he said and sat back down at the table.