Chapter 14

I woke up and walked to the bathroom and changed into a white t-shirt, black jeans, red flannel, and brown zip up ankle boots and walked out of the bathroom and went to the kitchen and grabbed my usual breakfast and some food for lunch and went down stairs and got into the car with Happy.

We got to school and I got out of the car and went in and headed towards my locker. I got to my locker and Ned and Peter were there waiting for me "whats up?" I asked and opened my locker "you should join the Decathlon team" Ned said and I laughed "yeah, no" I said and closed my locker "wait, you're serious?" I asked as I saw the serious look on his face "yeah, you are really good at math" he said.

"I'll think about it" I said and started to walk with them to Homeroom.

We were outside of the classroom when the two turned to me "I put a tracker on Vulture so when he comes again we will get him" Peter said.

"Ok" I said

"We are going to be watching the tracker all night tonight and we wanted to invite you" Ned finished.

"Ok, ill be there" I said and walked into the classroom. I sat down in my seat and the class began.

*Time Skip to Lunch*

I sat down with MJ and we started talking about book series we want to read. Peter and Ned joined our conversation and we talked for a good 30 minutes of our hour lunch. We finished our lunches and went to our next class. MJ and I went to the girls locker room and we changed and walked into the gym.

*After School*

"I already texted Happy I'm not going home today" I said as we left the school with Ned and Peter. "Ok, lets go" Peter said and we started walking to his apartment. "Athena, how long have you been at Shield?" Ned asked.

"Since I was seven" I said.

"Wow" he said.

"Have you worked with the Avengers?" He asked.

"Yes, I am a Avenger" I said and they both turned to me with surprised faces "I love when I surprise people" I said with a smile.

We got to Peters apartment and he opened it "Aunt May, I'm home" he said as he entered the apartment "ok" we heard from the kitchen. I saw a pretty brown haired woman with glasses come out of the kitchen "Peter, who's this?" She asked.

"This is Athena" he said.

"Its nice to meet you" she said.

"Nice to meet you too" I said with a smile "we will be in my room" Peter said and we started walking towards a hallway. Peter opened a door and went inside, it was a nice room with a bunk bed and a desk. I sat down on the desk chair and spun in circles "so, what do we do now?" I asked the both shrug and sit down on the bed. I stopped spinning and took out the purple glowing orb and began to study it.

After hours of looking at the orb I gave up and decided to wait till I got back. I grabbed my bag and walked over and sat on the bed and took out my homework and began to work on it. It was now 10 and we finished eating dinner a while ago and finished our homework, so we started asking each other questions but they mostly asked me questions "what goes on at a Shield base?" Ned asked.

"Um, nothing unless it is under attack then it is very stressful" I said.

"Has it been under attack before?" He asked.

"Yes, one time Loki escaped from custody and blow out two engines" I said.

"You said that you have been there since you were seven. Why?" Ned asked.

"Um, I don't really remember. All I do remember is that at my adopted family they would test serums on me and Shield saved me" I said and they nodded, Ned was about to ask another question when he was interrupted by the beep of the tracker. We all looked at it "he's heading to Washington D.C" I said.

"Guess who else is going to Washington D.C" Ned said.

"The Decathlon team" Ned finished.

"Maybe I should join the Decathlon team" I said and they looked at me "I can help you guys out if I come with so....if I join the Decathlon team I can help" I said.

"That's a good idea. The last time I tried to take him down I was thrown into a lake" he said, we talked for another hour or so and then we all fell asleep.