Chapter 18

I woke up to MJ shaking me "what?" I said.

"Get up, we got to get ready to go" she said.

"Ugh" I said and dragged myself out of bed and went to my suit case and grabbed some clothes and changed (photo above) and walked out of the bathroom. I packed up my suitcase and and dragged it out and went down to the bus. I gave my bag to Mr. Harrington and went into the bus and sat next to MJ. I pulled out phone and headphones and started to listen to music. I drifted off into sleep.

I woke up and took out my headphones and started listening "whats going on?" I asked MJ "we are getting food" she said.

"You want anything?" She asked.

"No, I'm good" I said and started my music again. The bus started up again and we were off.

The bus stopped at the school and we all got out and grabbed our bags and I walked to the familiar black car and got in. We drove to the Avengers building and I started talking to Happy about my trip.

We got to the Avengers building and I got out of the car and went into it. I went up to my room and saw my mom sitting on the couch, I walked out of the elevator and walked over to her "hey, what are you doing here?" I asked.

"I saw what happened to you at Washington D.C and I wanted to make sure you were ok" she said and gave me a hug "thanks, mom" I said and hugged her back.

I went to my room and started to catch up on homework.

I fell asleep after hours of doing homework.

I woke up to the beeping of my alarm clock and I get up and go to my bathroom and take a shower and change into a white shirt, black skater skirt, a black leather jacket, and white vans and left the bathroom and went to the kitchen and ate a apple and grabbed my backpack and some food for lunch and walked to Happy's car.

We drove in silence to school.

We finally arrived at school and I got out and went in and straight to my locker. I grabbed my books and walked to Homeroom.

I got to Homeroom and the teacher started talking.

*Lunch*
I walked into the cafeteria and sat down by Peter, Ned, and MJ.

"Hey, guys" I said and started eating "hey" she said and went back to reading "hey" Peter and Ned said at the same time "that was very creeping" I said to them and they just laughed.

*After School*
I walked out of the school and look for Ned and Peter. I found Ned but didn't see Peter anywhere "where's Peter?" I asked.

"After he asked Liz out to Homecoming he got detention for skipping the Decathlon Competition" Ned said.

"He asked Liz out?" I asked.

"Yeah, he did. Surprising right?" He said.

"Yeah" I said and spotted Happy's car "I got to go" I said and went towards Happy's car. I got in and we drove home.

My phone rang right as we got home and I answered it "hello?" I said.

"Hey, I need your help" Peter whispered through the phone "is everything okay?" I asked.

"I need you to come to the ferry docks" he said.

"Ok" I said and told Happy to go to the ferry docks "what are you doing?" I asked.

"I'm spying on Vulture. He is doing a trade and I'm going to catch him while doing it" he whispered through the phone "ok, I'm on my way" I said and hung up.

I got to the docks and saw a ferry with a red dot on the side of it. On the drive over I changed into my Shield uniform and found some weapons. I grabbed my grappling hook and shot it at the ferry, it landed on it and I flew over to ferry and landed in front of some railing. Peter turned his head towards me "how did you get up here?" He asked and I held up my grappling hook "that's so cool" he said.

"Ok, lets focus" I whispered and ducked down every time someone walked passed.

We got onto the top floor of the ferry and watched the trade between to gangsters. The person who was selling the items held keys and Peter webbed the keys and brought them to his hand "yionk" he said and jumped down "ill take this" he said and webbed the gun the buyer pulled out.

I jumped down and helped him, then I heard something coming from the car garage "we have a little problem" I said when I saw metal wings coming out of a car. Peter turned around and saw Vulture "freeze, but your hands in the air" a couple FBI agents said, we both put our hands up and try to explain "hey, its Ember" one of the FBI agents said, Vulture started coming towards us "guys, you need to go now" I said and started to summon my swords. Vulture came over head and knocked multiple FBI agents of the boat "shit" I said and turned to Peter "get out of here" Vulture said to his workers "leaving so soon?" I asked and knocked out the workers I turned my attention to Vulture "you brought help, Spider Man" he said and aimed something at me and I dodged it right in time, Peter started webbing him.

Vulture split the boat in half and flew away while we tried to put it back together. Peter tried to pull it back with his webs but it didn't work. Then I heard machines flying by and I immediately froze "We are in so much trouble" I whispered.

"Hey, its Iron Man" a man said.

"Iron Man saved us" I heard a woman say, then I was picked up and put on a roof, then Tony flew up behind us "previously on Peter Screws the Pooch, I tell you to stay away from this. Instead, you hacked into a multimillion-dollar suit so you could sneak around behind my back doing the one thing I told you not to do" Tony said.

"Is everyone okay?" Peter asked.

"No thanks to you" Tony said.

"No thanks to me?" Peter said and got off of the ledge he was sitting on "those weapons were out there and I tried to tell you about it. None of this would have happened if you just listened to me. If you even cared, you would actually be here" Peter said I was shocked, Tony landed and opened his suit and walked out "I did listen, kid. Who do you think called the FBI, huh?" Tony said.

"Do you now I was the only one who believed in you? Everyone else said I was crazy to recruit a 14 year old kid." He said.

"I'm 15" Peter said.

"No, this is where you zip it, all right?" Tony said.

"The adult is talking. What if someone died tonight? Different story, right? Because that's on you. And if you died, I feel like that's on me" he said to both of us "I don't need that on my conscience" he said.

"Yes, sir. I'm sorry, I understand" Peter said.

"Sorry doesn't cut it" Tony said.

"I just wanted to be like you." Peter said.

"And I wanted you to be better" Tony said.

"Athena, what do you think your mom would say about this? What if you died?" He asked.

"I-I don't know" I said and looked down.