Chapter 8

He dropped me off and began fighting other Chitauri. I stood there and taking a deep breath "Athena, behind you" I heard Clint say from the comms, I turned around and got hit on the stomach "ahh" I said and began summoning my swords. The Chitauri warrior shot my shoulder "ahh!" I screamed I stood up shakily and stabbed the Chitauri. I held my hand where the Chitauri shot me "the portals gone" I said through clenched teeth "are you okay?" Steve said through the comms "I'm fine" I said and I turned around and saw another group of Chitauri coming at me, the swords turned into blue electricity and I shot it at the Chitauri must of them burnt to a crisp but there was more. I summoned my swords again and started fighting them.After awhile of fighting the others joined me "Athena, we need help" I heard Steve yell I ran over and saw them surrounded by Chitauri warriors, I shot the blue electricity towards the warriors and the all got electrocuted.

We finished off the last of the Chitauri. We were taking in the destruction when a stinging pain shoot through my shoulder "ahh" I screamed in pain.

"Athena, are you okay?" Natasha said and I put a hand over my shoulder "one..of the Chitauri shot my shoulder" I said through clenched teeth "I'm fine, we need to get Loki" I said and walked closer to the Stark Tower.

We got to Stark Tower and saw Loki trying to crawl away we all gather around him and Clint held up his bow at him. "If its all the same to you I'll have that drink now" he said "not an option" I said, I coughed and noticed some blood drip down from my nose "ugh" I said and wiped my nose.

SHIELD arrested Loki and took the Tesseract to a secure location. I got sent to the hospital wing on the hellicarrier and got stitches in my shoulder.

After I was released from the hospital wing I went to my room and changed out of my dirty clothes and meet up the other Avengers to meet up with Thor.

We got to the area we are meeting Thor and saw him walking in the middle of the drive way with Loki. I walked up with Natasha and Clint "goodbye, daughter of Brown" Thor said to me "bye" I said and walked over to Clint "that was the weirdest goodbye ever" I whispered to him and he laughed. Thor grabbed the Tesseract and said his goodbyes to everybody else and walked to Loki. Loki grabbed the other side of the Tesseract and twisted it and they disappeared out of thin air. I walked back over to my ride and got in and drove to the nearest SHIELD base.

I walked into my room and laid down on my bed and slept.

I woke up and walked to the cafeteria and grabbed a apple and walked back to my room and changed into black leggings and a grey tank top. I walked to the training room and started shooting my gun and trained with other weapons. "I thought you weren't supposed to be doing that stuff" a voice from behind me said I turned around and saw Clint "I'm not, but I'm bored" I said.

"I found a file" he said.

"What about it?" I asked.

"The file is about you. It has information on you from when you were a baby" he said and I stopped "what?" I said and walked over to him. He gave me the file and I opened it "thank you" I said and walked out of the training room.

I opened my bedroom door and went inside and sat at my desk. I opened the file again and went through the papers and started reading.

Name: Athena Sage Romanova
Age: 7
Hair: Red
Eyes: Light Green
Height: 3 ft and 11 Inches
Weight: 49.5 lbs
This was from when I first came to Shield. I only know what Phil told me but nothing about how, why, or even where I was before. I continued reading on the next page.

Mothers memory of the child was removed and the father is unknown. Child in question has been tested on by an unknown serum. Child has been having weird behavior ever since she was brought here.

I stopped reading and looked through the file for my birth certificate and found it.

Full Name of Child: Athena Sage Romanova
Sex: Female
Date of Birth: November 24th, 2000
Place of Birth: Manhattan, New York
Name of Mother: Natasha Alianovna Romanoff/Romanova
Name of Father: unknown
Date filed: **-**-****
State File Number:***********

I froze when I read my mothers name, Natasha Romanoff is my mother. I got up and walked to Nick Fury's office with the file. I bust enter into the room "why did you not tell me?" I asked obviously angry "tell you what?" Fury said not looking up from what he was doing, I walked over to his desk and through the file onto it "about my mother" I said his head shot up "we did it for your safety" he said.

"Really? Erasing my mothers memories of me was to keep me safe!" I yelled.

"We had to. It was our only choice. If we didn't HYDRA would have found you and took you back" he said.

"What do you mean?" I asked on the verge of tears "you were a test. They had a serum they wanted to test out to make more Black Widows. They wanted to make more because she was their strongest" he said.

"They injected her with the serum and it worked. 9 months later she gave birth to you. She was still with Hydra at the time and they trained you, but when she was on a mission she met one of our own and started working for Shield. She brought you with but Hydra was close on her tail. So we erased her memory of you and took you away from her to keep you safe" he said, I sat down and put my head in my hands "we have to get her memories back" I said.

"We dont have them anymore" he said.

"What do you mean 'you don't have them anymore'?" I asked.

"We sent them to another location so they would not be found" he said.

"Where?" I asked he looked down and sighed "they are in the Shield base in Russia" he said and my eyes widened.