Chapter 7

I walked down the road and saw more Chitauri attacking the buildings. I ran towards them and started fighting them. I got most of them and got one of there guns and I began shooting them. I got overwhelmed with how many were coming at me that I screamed in frustration. Blue energy came out of my body and split a hole in the ground and the Chitauri dissolved in thin air. I ran to where everybody was and saw Thor joining them, I ran up to them and joined the conversation "there is at least hundred thousand Chitauri" I said to them.

"How do we do this?" Thor asked.

"I have unfinished business with Loki" Thor said.

"Will get in line" Clint said.

"We do it as a team" Steve said.

"Loki's going to keep this fight focused on us, and that's what we need without him this things can run wild" Steve said.

"We got Stark up top. He's going to need us to..." Steve said then was interrupted by the sound of a moped, we all turned around and saw Bruce "about time" I said and we all walk up to him "this all seems horrible" Bruce said.

"I've seen worse" Natasha said.

"Sorry" Bruce said.

"No, we could use a little worse" Natasha said.

"Stark, we got him" Steve said.

"Banner?" Tony asked.

"Yup" I said.

"Tell him to suit up. I'm bringing the party to you" Tony said as he flew around the corner with the big snake thing following behind him "I dont see how that is a party" Natasha and I say at the same time "dr. Banner, now may be a good time for you to get angry" Steve said.

"That's my secret, Captain. I'm always angry" Bruce said then turned into the hulk and punched the snake thing "I need to get inside" I said grabbing one of Clints arrows "why?" Steve asked.

"You'll see" I said and ran towards the snake thing and got into its mouth "Athena!" I heard someone yell. I went down to the stomach of the snake thing, I focused for a second and realized my new power because when I did that two blue swords replaced the Arrow. I went to the side of the stomach and stabbed it repeatedly till I could get out.

I got out of the Chitauri snake and walked away from the body and towards the other Avengers "that's a new one" Tony said.

"Trust me it even surprised me" I said and heard a bunch of roars. We saw more Chitauri coming through the portal "we need to close that portal" I said.

"Until we can close that portal, our priority is containment. Barton I want eyes on everything. Call out patterns and strays. Stark, you got the perimeter. If anything gets more than three blocks out you turn it back or turn it to ash." Steve said.

"Can you give me a lift?" Barton asked.

"Right, better clench up, Legolas" Tony said and grabbed Clint and flew away "Thor, you got to try and bottleneck that portal. Slow it down, you got the lightning so light the bastards up. Natasha, Athena, we stay here on the ground. We keep fighting here. And Hulk, smash" Steve said and Hulk leaves. "They are coming" I said looking at a group of Chitauri "okay" Steve said and got into a fighting stance. I got into a fighting stance and began fighting when they arrived.

More were coming our way "get back" I said as I stepped forward "just trust me" I said and focused on how I did that explosion. They got closer and closer then I found that amount of frustration and I saw blue lightning coming down my arms and I shot it towards the Chitauri and they all disappeared into dust. "That's new" Natasha said.

"I know" I said and turned around and they were fighting more Chitauri "Captain, none of this is going to mean a damn thing if we dont close that portal." Natasha said.

"Our biggest guns couldn't touch it" Steve said.

"Maybe its not about guns" Natasha said.

"If you want to get up there, you're going to need a ride" Steve said.

"I got a ride" Natasha said.

"I could use a boost, though" she said.

"Are you sure about this?" Steve asked.

"Yeah, it gonna be fun" she said and jumped off of Caps shield and onto on of the ships. More Chitauri came towards us and we fought and fought.

Tony came down and helped us a little then flew back up. Then it hit me "Steve, if Natasha goes in that portal she wont make it out" I said while fighting some Chitauri "what do you mean?" He asked fighting some Chitauri as well "she will die, Is what I mean" I said and finished off some of the "we need to stop her" Steve said.

"No, someone needs to get there first" I said.

"Athena, no" he said to me "I can do it" I said he sighed "fine, be careful" he said.

"I will" I said and jumped off the bridge and onto a ship coming through.

The ship got close enough to the portal that I could jump up into it. I jumped into the portal and took the grenade off of my belt and threw it further in the portal. I landed on another Chitauri snake "get the Tesseract" I said through my ear piece. "On it" I heard Tony say "Athena, if he takes the Tesseract you will be stuck there" Steve said.

"I know but its better than blowing everybody up" I said and waited. I saw the portal start to shrink 'I have time to make it through' I thought, I jumped through the portal and started falling to my death. My breath etched and I neared the floor, I prepared for impact when I felt hands grab me and I looked up and saw the Hulk, I let out a breath of relief as we landed on the ground.