Chapter Thirteen

Ryland's POV:

Devin and I got my car and had to go to the store.

"Go down this road for like a half a mile and there should be an H-E-B on the right." She said pointing in front of us.

"H-E-B." I asked confused.

"Yea it's the biggest local grocery store in Texas. Only in Texas .here." She said pointing at the store. I turned and parked.

"What do we need." I asked.

"Ryland I actually wanted to talk to you." she said before I got out.

"What's wrong sweetie." I asked grabbing her hand.

"I talked to my parents before I went into surgery." She said sniffing.

"Ok." I smiled.

"I told them about you and all and they got mad and started yelling and told me that they hope I'm happy with my terrible life's decision. They don't want me in their house or to talk to them." She cried hugging me.

"Devin I leave tomorrow back to Cali. I'm driving. With Ross I want you to come too." I said grabbing her hand.

"R..Really." She sniffed.

"Of course. And you're my Fiancé so it would make sense wouldn't it." I chuckled pecking her frowned lips.

"I'd love to baby." She said wrapping her arms around my neck.

"Good. Now let's get something to eat for you. And you can get some snacks for the car." I smiled. She nodded smiling. We got out of the car and walked into the store. I grabbed her hand and laced our fingers together.

"What do we need." I asked looking around.

"Peanut butter for sure." She smiled happily

________

We finished shopping and went back to the hotel.

"Did you pack Bro." Ross asked walking in.

"Shh." I hissed pointing at Devin asleep on my bed.

"Sorry. Oh I talked to Amy. She's coming also." He whispered sitting down in the desk chair.

"Cool. I'm gonna get in the shower and go to bed. We leave tomorrow at 1:45 pm around ok." I said smiling.

"Ok. See Ya then. Or in the morning." He said and left. I took a quick shower then put on some some PJ pants then put Devin under the blankets before crawling in bed with her. She rolled over and faced me.

"Hey." She groaned.

"Hi baby." I said pulling her into my chest.

"Go back to sleep Devin." I whispered kissing her head and falling asleep.

Devin's POV:

Ryland kissed my head and fell asleep hugging me. I was still awake, I couldn't sleep. I hit my head against Ryland's chest softly and sighed, he hugged me tighter then released. I rolled over and he let go of me so I got out of bed and quietly left the hotel room. I walked outside to the open soccer field it was dark and quiet but peaceful. I sat down at the empty bleachers. It was a little chilly and I shivered a little bit. I let a tear fall from my eye.

________

"Hey it's freezing out here what are you doing." Someone asked from behind me.

"Thinking. It's a nice place to be." I said as they came closer.

"Well I think we should go inside." He said.

"No it's fine. I like it out here." I argued.

"It's freezing out here Devin." He said wrapping a blanket around me. I flipped around frightened and saw it was Ryland.

"Don't do that Ry. You scared me." I laughed hugging him and wrapping up in the blanket he put on my shoulders.

"Come on sweetie. It's snowing. Which is weird considering we're in Texas." He said picking me up. I put my hands on his chest and rested my head on his shoulder.

"Why'd you go outside." He asked as he carried me towards the hotel.

"Cause I needed to think. But I let you sleep cause I knew you were tired and had to drive a lot tomorrow." I said still shivering.

"Whatcha thinking about." He asked holding me tighter.

"Anything and Everything that comes to mind." I replied as we got back to the hotel.

"Like what." he smiled.

"Don't know just stuff. I don't want to talk about it right at this moment Ry. Please." I whined with a sigh.

"Ok. But are you ok though." He asked setting me down on the bed in our room. He stood in front of me and kissed my head before placing his hand under my shirt on my bare warm stomach, his hand was freezing cold. I put my hands on his and laughed.

"Your hand is cold Ryland." I whispered to him as he leaned in my face.

"Well then your stomach will warm my hand up. Truly sweetie are you ok baby." He asked straightening his face to a serious look with a hint of worry.

"I'm ok." I said putting my hand on the side of his face. He took his other hand and moved it before moving some hair from my face and placing his hand on my face.

"Are you sure." he asked scared.

"Yes. I promise. Ok there's nothing to worry about me." I argued wrapping my arms around his neck.

"I will always worry about the person I love Most Devin. And it's my job now to make sure you are ok. And now with these miracles it's my job to worry about you three." He smiled placing his warn lips on the temple of my head then standing up slowly. I sighed and laid back. Ryland went into the bathroom to brush his teeth and I fell asleep at the end of the bed. Ryland came back in and carefully picked me up and set me by him in bed and then kissed my lips softly before hugging me.

"I Love You Ryland." I said cuddling up to him.

"I Love You Too Devin." He whispered falling asleep also.