Chapter 3 - The Letter

The rest of the day flew by uneventfully, and I was sure that from then on, Hunter and I would be Best Friends.

I was right! We spent all of our time at school together, and we were happy. I swear, no one had ever made me laugh so much!

It was all fun and games until we had to move. My father got a job on the other side of the world and that's right. We had to leave our beautiful house, just as I was getting used to it! Most of all, I was going to leave Hunter.

I protested and begged to stay. I could live with the Sanchez's! I could've lived on the streets for all I cared. But, I didn't want to go.

My mom literally had to drag me to the car and when we arrived at the airport, I refused to get out of the car. I knew that I would have to, so before we left, I wrote Hunter a love letter.

Yes, he was my best friend, but I may or may not have developed a crush on him. I was such a hopeless romantic, I thought I loved him. So I confessed. I poured my soul into that letter, telling him I'd never forget him.

The Sanchez's came to the airport with us to say goodbye, so when Hunter and I hugged, I slipped the letter into this bag, just in time.

Dear Hunter,

I realize that we are best friends, and I don't want to ruin that. But, since we are parting ways, perhaps forever, I feel I must unburden my heart.

I know that you may not feel the same way, but if this is the last time we see each other, I need to tell you, I love you.

I think that from the first time I saw you, I've always known it deep down. Please do not be alarmed. That's all I wanted to say.

With Love, Saffron Rhodes.

P.S. Thank you for a wonderful friendship. Good luck in all your future endeavours.

And so I left. Never to see his face again.

Or so I thought.