Chapter 19 - To Kiss or Not to kiss?

Today was my first day as a dance teacher at the TTDS. I had just finished my 4am dance practice with Chloe and we were both eating a breakfast of cereal and juice. "So. You never really did tell me, how did you end up kissing Will." I sipped on my juice and Chloe choked on her cereal. "Well. We were talking and Hunter was doing his homework-" It was my turn to interrogate.

"What were you two talking about?"

"Um, n-nothing." She blushed. I laughed.

"You know, You're a terrible liar."

...

"She sleeps alone, my heart wants to come home. I wish I was, I wish I was, beside you." I was sewing up my pointe shoes and listening to 5SOS's 'Beside You' while waiting for the U13 Contemporary students to arrive. Then, the studio doors opened and in walked Ronnie Sanchez. I stood up and pulled her into a hug. "Saffron! What are you doing here!?" Ronnie grinned and we sat down, talking about life.

"Well, I'm the new dance teacher here." I told her.

"What styles are you teaching?"

"All of them. What styles are you doing?" I asked her.

"Same."

After that, all the students came in and I introduced myself. "Hi kids. I'm Saffron Rhodes and I'll be teaching you guys contemporary, ballet, hip hop, jazz and ballroom."

After that, we warmed up, did a few stretches and they did their old routines so that I could see what they learned with their old teacher.

...

"5, 6, step, ball change. Good." The group was quite talented actually. We were doing a few difficult routines and conditioning, but they were really amazing. Fast learners, I'd say.

I checked the clock. 5pm. Their class was 3 to 5, so I told them to pack up and go home. The door opened and Hunter came in.

"What are you doing here?" I asked.

"I've come to pick up my sister, what else?" I put my hands up in surrender and started up 'Take Me Home', the song Hunter and I were going to dance to.

"You wanna practice?" I asked. Ronnie was in the bathroom, so I figured we had a bit of time. He shrugged and we got into our starting positions. It was quite difficult on Hunter's part, considering he wasn't really a dancer and contemporary needed dancing from both the girl and the boy. We tried to tell a story with our dance, listening to the music and flowing with the moves. Then, we came to the end of the dance; the kiss. He put me down from the previous lift and looked into my eyes.

"Hmm. To kiss or not to kiss?" He seemed to ask himself and before I could respond, he pressed his lips on mine. Butterflies erupted in my stomach and my body was in love with the feeling. My arms found their way around his neck and his hands wrapped around my waist, pulling me closer to him. 

Suddenly, a bag dropped and we pulled apart. Ronnie stood in the exit of the bathroom with her jaw on the floor and looking like she was going to faint. We both rushed towards her before she could fall. "Woah there Ronnie." Hunter lifted her up in his arms and we walked home together in silence.

When we got home, Hunter and I parted ways. Him to our room and me to the kitchen. I pulled my phone out of my gym bag and opened up my contacts to Chloe's. I was just about to call her, but I decided I wouldn't. I would never talk to anyone about the kiss that Hunter and I shared.

It's a short chapter and not a very good one, but hey, I tried.