Chapter 20 - Spill

Sorry I didn't update. I had a few technical issues but hey! I'm here now!

Quick recap: Saffron got a new job at the Tennessee Tiny Dancers Studio, where Ronnie dances. After the lesson, Hunter comes to pick up Ronnie and they end up practicing their duet. Since there's a kiss at the end, Hunter was debating whether to kiss her or not and ended up doing it.

Becoming best friends with Hunter again just got a whole lot harder. He kissed me and I kissed him back. Every morning we'd have to rehearse at the auditorium with Coach and Ms Valencia, and she still expected us to become friends again.

...

"Sooooo? What have you been doing this week?" It was Friday evening after school, and Chloe and I were at an ice cream shop, chatting and enjoying each other's company.

"Nothing. Why?" I asked.

"Oh come on!" She groaned. "I saw you kissing Hunter in the studio!" My spoon of vanilla ice cream stopped halfway to my mouth and dropped back into the cup. I cleared my throat.

"Ok. First of all, He kissed me. Not I kissed him-"
"Ha! So you admit it!" She smirked victoriously and I blushed.

"Whatever, let's just go." I muttered and we left the shop, Chloe grinning from ear to ear.

When we got home, it was late and Chloe went to shower while I set up a few sleeping bags in the studio/basement. When I went upstairs to shower in my room, Hunter was there. On the bed. Shirtless. "Like what you see, princesa?" I snapped out of my trance and started fiddling with my t-shirt. When I looked up again, he was walking towards me with his signature smirk on his face. I stepped back and he took another step forward. I turned and tried to run out of the room, but instead, I ran into the wall.

"Owww." I whined and turned around so my back was facing the wall. I was looking at the ground and I saw a pair of feet just a few centimeters away from mine. My head shot up and I faced Hunter Sanchez. He took another small step forward and I backed up against the wall. He moved my hand from my forehead, where I hit it on the wall, and my breathing hitched. He caressed his thumb over it gently and my heart skipped a thousand beats; his apple, cinnamon scent filling my nose and making me knees go weak.

He gazed into my hazel eyes, a million emotions flying through his own. He leaned in and pressed his lips against the forming bruise and left the room. I just stood there and tried to process what just happened. Then, Will's voice echoed in the hallways and I showered, changed and headed to the studio, still in a daze.

"Woah, what happened to you?" Chloe asked me. I was gripping my jersey so hard my knuckles turned white and my eyes held a far away look.

"Huh?" I asked, turning to face her.

"Umm, you have a bruise on your forehead and you seem to be in a daze. Not exactly the Saffron Rhodes I know." She stated, crossing her arms and raising an eyebrow.

"Girls! Dinner!" My mom called us to dinner.

"Saved by the bell." I muttered.

"Don't think this conversation is over.." Chloe said and I just laughed.

"Come on!"

...

"Spill." After dinner, Chloe had been pestering me about my bruise and how I got it but I refused to say a word. We brought sodas to the basement, hung up tons of twinkle lights and just stared at the ceiling and talked.

I turned onto my stomach and rested my chin on my hands. "Nothing happened! I went up, showered and came back down. That's all."

"The bruise?" Chloe didn't believe me.

"I, um, ran into the wall." I mean, it wasn't a lie..

"And the daze?" She was still extremely skeptical and I couldn't keep the truth much longer. Yes. I'm like that.

"OK! I give up! I went up to shower and Hunter was on the bed shirtless. And then he walked towards me and I freaked, so I ran into the wall and I got the bruise. Then he pushed me onto the wall, and he kissed me on my forehead; where the bruise was and then he left the room." I rambled and took a sip of my coke to calm my nerves.

"Now that is a lot of words." Chloe exhaled dramatically and I chucked a pillow at her face with perfect aim. "But seriously," She said. "He kissed you on the forehead?" I nodded and took another sip of my coke. Suddenly, Chloe shot up and started jumping up and down. "EEEEEE!!!!" She screamed. "SAFFRON AND HUNTER SITTIN IN A TREE! K-I-S-S-"

"Shut up!" I hissed and pulled her back down, covering her mouth with my hand as my face heated up and she laughed her butt off. "Come on. Let's go to bed; we're gonna have to wake up at 4 anyway." I told Chloe and we both tried to fall asleep, Chloe making it impossible with all her giggling.