Chapter 10 - It's my life! And my room!

The doorbell rang, waking me up from my blissful sleep. I groaned and sat up. Well, I tried to, at least. My eyes flew open and I took in my surroundings. I was in my room. That was normal. I was in my pyjamas. That's normal. It was Saturday. That's normal. Hunter's arm was around my waist. Wait. WHAT? Then it all came flooding back.

The Sanchez's got caught in a fire, they're downstairs. Oh Ronnie! You've grown so big! And we trust you to share Saffron's king bed..

"AAHHHHH!" I screamed, and Hunter sat up next to me. He then seemed to remember where he was and what was happening, because we looked at each other and screamed. We scrambled out of bed, Hunter stumbling around like a penguin. The doorbell rang once more and I ran out of the room, leaving a possibly confused Hunter behind. I slid down the stair railing and leaped in front of the door. I swung the door open to find a guy there. "Who are you?" I asked.

"Um, I heard this is where Hunter Sanchez lives now?" The poor guy seemed so confused. Then Hunter came running down the stairs and the guy at the door sighed in relief.

"Will, my man." Hunter said and they did that bro hug/handshake thing while I just stood off to the side feeling very, very, awkward. Will and Hunter went straight into conversation and walked up to our room. I'm really gonna have to get used to that. I shook my head and went upstairs for a shower. Yes, that should help me calm down.

After my shower, I dressed in running shorts and a sports bra with a hoodie on top. I pulled my hair into a messy bun, grabbed my laptop and slid down the stairs to watch Netflix.

...

I had been watching Netflix for I don't know how many hours, and I decided it was time to get in some dance practice. I went up to our room and into my closet to grab my pointes and a water bottle. I had trouble concentrating because Hunter and Will were playing COD on our PS4 and the television was on full volume and they were screaming like there was no tomorrow.

I ran down the many sets of stairs to the kitchen and opened a door that led to the dance studio; instead of a basement or attic, our house had a studio where I could practice. It was perfect too. It had a barre and wooden floor, with a wall of mirrors. There was a table where a radio sat. There was also a closet where I kept my tights and leotards, a dressing table with bobby pins and bun nets, even a bathroom with a shower and everything!

I took off my hoodie so that I was in a sports bra and shorts; I couldn't be bothered to change into a leotard and tights. Tying the ribbons on my pointe shoes, I played random music and warmed up at the barre.

After half an hour of warming up and stretching, I changed the music to the Coppelia Swanhilda Variation and took my starting position.

The music flowed and I began the dance. Transfer, 4th arm, up, addedue, chasse, chaine, I danced without a care in the world. Spinning and flying, I did my final pirouettes, and ended with the music. I grabbed my water bottle and chugged down half of it when I saw my mom standing in the doorway with a proud smile on her face. I didn't even realize she came home. "Hey mom." I greeted her.

"Hey honey, that was beautiful."
"Thanks." I replied, glad she liked it.

"You know," She thought about something and grabbed a pamphlet from her work blazer. She handed it to me. "Riverview High has a dance team. You should consider trying out." I read the pamphlet, scanning over the types of dances and the time of the tryouts.

"Mom!" I exclaimed. "The tryouts are tomorrow! How do you expect me to prepare in so little time?! It's already 7pm!" Okay, so I may have overreacted, but I was in panic.

"Yes, honey, I considered that, but you could do the variation you just did. That was the Swanhilda variation, right? You've been doing that variation since you could walk!"

"That's exactly it!" I cried. "They need something new! Something with pizzazz! You know?!" I was seriously stressing out.

"Yes, honey, but it is ballet; how much pizzazz could you bring? Ballet is about grace and poise is it not?" My mom did have a point but I was extremely stubborn. "I think you've been to a bit too many extravagant competitions, don't you think Saffron?"

"It's my life mom! And it's my room!" I stormed out of the studio, running unusually fast, considering I was in pointe shoes.