Chapter 25 - Let her go

hi again! finally i'm here to continue the story, hope you enjoy!

Hunter's POV:

"Dude! What was that yesterday?" Will came up to me while I was warming up for football and immediately bombarded me with questions.

"What do you mean?" I asked 'innocently', as we fist bumped and continued our warm up.

"WHAT DO I MEAN?!" He screamed and I rolled my eyes, a habit I picked up from Saffron. "You? And Saffron?" He mushed his hands together and I groaned. There was absolutely no way I could get out of this now.

"That was one time, ok? Let it go. Let her go." I muttered the last part to myself and Will raised an eyebrow. I guess he heard me too.

"What is this I'm hearing?" He asked. "'Let her go?' Since when did you become such a hopeless romantic?" We went over to get our bags and drank some water, preparing for the hard session ahead.

"I'm not a hopeless romantic William." I emphasized his full name and he rolled his eyes. "But you are." I pointed a finger at him accusingly and he feigned hurt.

"Where did you get that idea?" He asked.

"Come on." I encouraged. "You and Chloe?" I nudged him and he turned beet red.

"You know it isn't like that. We're taking it slow." He said and I scoffed.

"Taking it slow my ass. Have you guys seen how you make out? You're doing it practically 24/7 for god's sake!" I exclaimed and he turned even redder, if that was even possible.

"Whatever." He muttered and we huddled for the rest of football.

...

Saffron's POV

Demi plie, rise, pada bouree, step forward, pirouette, run, jete. This sequence was on repeat in my head as I warmed up for Ms Valencia's 7th session this week. Suddenly, Chloe ran into me and immediately started shaking my shoulders. Then, out of the blue, she stopped and I fell to the ground dizzily. "Ugh. What was that for?" I whined, holding my head.

"WHY DID YOU NOT TELL ME?!" Chloe screamed in my face. I didn't even have time to respond when she continued her ramble. "Will just told me what happened and when he told me I could not believe my ears! I was like, 'that's not true.' and he was like 'hell yeah it is.' and I was like 'what' and he was like 'yeah.' and what I'm trying to say here is: WHY DID YOU NOT TELL ME THAT YOU KISSED HUNTER YET AGAIN?!?!?!" After the ramble, I stood there, astonished, staring at Chloe as she tried to regain her breath. Then, I cleared my throat uncomfortably as my face heated up slowly.

"I- uh, I-" I was speechless as I processed what she was trying to say. I had absolutely no idea how to respond to her without getting caught out. "What about you, huh?" I retaliated in haste. "Who said you and Will aren't snogging all the time?" She flushed and I smirked, knowing I had beaten her in this round.

As she struggled to form a coherent sentence, I simply laughed and we continued our warm up, waiting for Ms Valencia to arrive.

short chapter, ik, but Hunter and Saffron are exactly the same no? lol