Chapter 24 - Snacking on kisses

Hi guys! Thank you so much fr bearing with me, after ages, here's the next chapter of this story! I have a great plan, so be ready..

It's been a month since Sterling turned 15 and he's been acting even more like a jerk. Puberty, I guess. I was standing in front of the pool in my backyard dressed in a swimming suit, a towel thrown to the side. After my panic attack, I realized I needed to confront my fear in order to overcome it. So that's exactly what brought me into this situation. Confronting my fears told me to stand in front of the pool like an idiot and act like nothing was wrong. Precisely it.

Finally, I mustered up the courage and dived into the pool, allowing the cold water to consume my body. When I surfaced, my body took control and I was barely aware of what I was doing. I swam for about an hour when I stopped and rested, taking the opportunity to review the dance in my head. Suddenly, I heard a scream and a splash, then another and another. I opened my eyes to see Chloe, Will and Hunter all in the pool, splashing around like a bunch of children. I internally groaned and sat up; I was looking forward to a bit of alone time with myself. "Saff! C'mere! Get in the water NOW!" Chloe screamed at me. She was on Will's shoulders, attempting to splash water at me. I rolled my eyes at her childishness and got up reluctantly. I walked to the edge of the pool and contemplated my actions. Should I waste my time in the water? I didn't have time to finish my contemplation when a hand grabbed my ankles and pulled me into the cold water.

I resurfaced with a gasp to see a snickering Hunter sitting by the edge of the pool. For a minute, all I saw was red and I yanked on his arm, pulling him back into the water with me. I laughed underwater and immediately swam over to Chloe and Will, knowing that when Hunter resurfaced, he'd come after me planning his revenge.

...

We played like that for another hour, pulling each other into the water and playing chicken. "I'm gonna get us some snacks." I told everyone.

"Thank god! I'm so hungry I could eat a horse!" Will exclaimed and CHloe laughed, making fun of her new boyfriend.

As I made my way to the kitchen, I hummed Zara Larsson's 'Symphony' and went to the cupboard to grab some chips, a huge bowl and a couple of cokes. I popped the bag of chips open and emptied it into the bowl to bring outside. Turning around, I froze and would've dropped the bowl if he didn't catch it. Centimetres away from my face, stood Hunter Sanchez, a smirk dancing on his lips as his blue-grey eyes studied every feature of my face. I attempted to move back, but I was trapped between him and the kitchen counter.

Without thinking, I scrambled on top of the counter, but only when I was sitting on the counter did I realize my mistake. Now, Hunter's eyes were level with mine and yet, they travelled down to my lips. He walked forward and set the snacks down next to me and placed his hands on my waist. I waited in anticipation, staring into his eyes, as he slowly leaned in, finally placing his soft lips on mine. I was lost in a trance, overcome with an unknown fire as my hands tangled themselves into his hair. Our lips moved in sync and at that moment, no one existed but us.

"Guys! What's going o-" Will crashed into the kitchen and we flew apart like missiles again. Why did this always happen? I cleared my throat and hopped off the counter, grabbing the snacks and heading back outside, not even looking Hunter in the eye as I exited the kitchen.