Chapter 26 - This isn't a dress rehearsal, this is our lives

As I walked to the auditorium the next morning, I was nervous, excited and nervous. Ms Valencia arranged a full rehearsal with costumes and all, and, as a dancer, this was always a big thing.

I arrived at the auditorium with a hop in my step, and I warmed up, waiting for Chloe. "Heyyyy Saffron!" I heard someone yell. I was doing a backward port de bra and I saw an upside down Will and Hunter. I stood up and waved, a grin on my face. Will came up and put his stuff next to mine, but Hunter hung back.

"Hey." I waved at his face. "You okay?" I asked. He snapped out of whatever trance he was in and nodded, staring into my eyes with his beautiful grey ones. He set his bag down and I took off my hoodie, continuing my stretches. "You guys should start stretching too, aren't you excited?" I asked.

"No. Should we?" Will responded, a puzzled look on his face. I gaped.

"Of course you should! It's the first dress rehearsal!" I smiled just when Chloe came running in. I ran up to her and we started squealing like piglets, jumping up and down.

"What's wrong with them?" Hunter asked. I was about to respond, when Ms Valencia came up onto the stage to announce the dress rehearsal.

"Ok people!" She said. "Today is our first dress rehearsal!" Many of the girls cheered at that. "We will go through it in the order of the solos and then duets. We will not have any group dances this time. Let's begin!"

...

I flopped onto my bed, sighing as I made contact with my fluffy covers. Hunter was playing COD with Sterling and Ronnie was at her tutor class. Ms Valencia had us going through all sorts of training sessions, preparing for the upcoming Winter Showcase next week. I was just about to close my eyes when my door burst open and in flew a sobbing Chloe. Instantly, I shot up and went to comfort her, bringing her to sit on the foot of Hunter and my bed. "What happened?" I asked. "I thought all you did today was go on a date with Will?" When I said 'Will' she sobbed even louder than before.

"That's exactly it!" She wailed. "He doesn't love me anymore!" I furrowed my eyebrows and thought about this. He loved her more than anything. What could he have done to make her think otherwise?

"What did he do to make you think that?" I asked softly. All of a sudden, she was no longer crying and shot up from the bed, a newly lit fire in her eyes. She started pacing around my room, muttering profanities about whatever situation she was in right now.

"Chloe?" I whispered. I knew she could get really mad when she was mad and I didn't want to make anything worse.

"I HEARD HIM TELLING ANOTHER GIRL SOME SAPPY SPEECH ABOUT HOW HE WAS GOING TO LOVE HER FOREVER! And he knew we were dating! He knew I was coming over! It should have been me he was saying that to..' She broke down again and sobbed her soul out. I never had a boyfriend, so I wouldn't be able to relate, but I felt her pain. Especially with her past relationship, it must have hurt so much more; She put her heart out on her sleeve for him just to find out that he loved another girl. 

Poor Chloe, do you think Will really cheated on her?