Chapter 28 - The Monster That Broke my Heart

hii! i'm back at last! sorry, i've had major writer's block and i finally got rid of it. welp, here goes nothing.

Chloe's POV:

Surprisingly, I didn't feel sick the next day. Saffron did. But I guess when you're going through a 'stage', it's hard to feel anything else but that pain. Letting it suffocate your soul.

I made my way to the auditorium as per Ms Valenica's request, and I think it was the first time I actually wasn't going to have to worry about Will. I could dance the night away tonight. I entered the auditorium with that positive attitude and smiled weakly at Ms Valencia. She smiled back and I immediately got suspicious; she had that mischievous twinkle in her eyes, the one she got whenever she was planning something. She had the same look when she partnered Saffron with Hunter and now I was terrified of what she was going to do.

I completed my warm up and plugged my phone into a speaker. I closed my eyes and took a deep breath, heading to my starting position for my solo. I danced and the entire world seemed to fall away. Will and my mom, they were all so far away, and they wouldn't be bothering me for a while I was sure. As I came to the end of my dance, I wiped away the single tear that fell down my cheek. I then heard footsteps. Loud footsteps. I lifted my head to see Will walking towards where I put my bag and setting down his own on the chair behind it. He was in a muscle tee and gym shorts, looking like he just came from football practice at the field. He probably did.

I brought myself back to the present and focused on why he might be here right now. I ran the few possibilities through my head and landed on the most realistic possibility and the one that I didn't want to be real: he was here for dance practice with me. As I realized that was the real reason he was here, I felt my face pale and my eyes darted anywhere but him until they finally landed on Ms Valencia, who looked relatively concerned considering she planned this whole fiasco. I forced myself to look at the monster that broke my heart and I might as well have fainted. His green eyes held so much apology that, for a second, I forgave him.

I wanted to stare into his eyes for the rest of eternity, I wanted him to allow me to sink into his arms as we kissed. I wanted to be able to love him, but he didn't love me back and there was nothing I could do to change it.

...

Immediately after rehearsal ended, I ran to Saffron's house trying to keep in the tears that threatened to spill down my face. I rapped on the door continuously until someone - I didn't care to see who - opened the door and I pushed my way up to Saffron and Hunter's room.

But no matter how hard I tried to forget, I could still feel the tingles He gave me. And I couldn't get it out of my head that the person that gave me tingles, was the monster that broke my heart.

a short, but depressing chapter. thoughts?