Chapter 14 - Chemistry

Today was the day that the football team was going to meet us for our first team practice. There's gonna be a group dance and everyone will be part of their own duet. I was currently sitting in Chemistry class with Chloe, Hunter, Will and some of the other dancers and football players. Usually, most people would be able to concentrate, but all I could think about was the dance. Luckily, our Chem teacher was Ms Valencia so she let us off easily.

"Ok, now, can I have the dancers and the football players to the auditorium?" Ms Valencia asked. We all grabbed our bags and headed to the auditorium. The remaining students had to continue the lesson with the sub.

"Who do you think your duet partner will be?" Chloe asked. I shrugged but then smirked.

"Who do you want your duet partner to be?" I asked Chloe, wiggling my eyebrows. She blushed and I laughed. "Oh Will! Chloe-" I screamed but Chloe stopped me by putting her hand over my mouth. I just laughed some more.

When we got to the auditorium, Coach Gleeson and Ms. Valencia was waiting and probably discussing the duet partners. The girls changed into their leotards and the boys changed into gym clothes. After a ton of warming up and stretching, Ms Valencia gave us a water break and continued arranging the duets with Coach. "Chloe." I whispered to her, eyeing the two teachers who were still in deep conversation. "I think Will's going to be your partner." She spit out her water and started coughing while I just laughed. I laughed so hard I fell onto her and we fell in a heap on the floor.

"Ok girls." Ms Valencia announced. "Put on your pointe shoes and head to the stage. Boys, you are free to watch but you aren't allowed to leave."

We did exactly that and headed to the stage. "Captains!" Coach Gleeson yelled at Will and Hunter. "Watch closely."

Chloe did her Kitri Variation as Will watched her with awe. When she finished, I made my way on stage and did the Swanhilda. I danced not caring if the world was watching and as I did my final pirouettes, I had never felt so free in my life. When I hit my ending pose, I opened my eyes to see that the entire auditorium was watching me. Coach dropped his pencil and Hunter dropped his water bottle. I stood and waved my hand in front of everyone's face. Then, the entire room burst into applause. I did a small curtsy and went down to join Chloe. "You have to teach me to do that." She said. I blushed and just laughed. I seemed to be doing a lot of laughing around Chloe.

...

After all the girls finished their solos, Ms Valencia and Coach Gleeson told us they were going to announce the duet partners. "First up!" I wasn't paying much attention to what she was saying until Chloe kicked me in the side. I could tell she was trying her best not to smile. "What?" I asked. She dragged me out into the bathroom and started screaming. "I GOT PARTNERED WITH WILLLL!!!"

It took a minute for it to sink in, but then I started screaming and jumping up and down with her. When we finished, we walked out of the bathroom like nothing happened. WE listened politely for the other duets.

"Finally, I have partnered these two people with each other because I believe they have the most amount of chemistry. If they put their differences aside, I believe they could be a wonderful duet. So, our last partners will be Saffron and Hunter!" Now the impressed expression on Ms Valencia's face when Hunter caught me at the audition finally made sense.

"WHAT!"

Short chapter, I know, and it wasn't that great either, but what do you think?