Chapter 9 - God, I missed you

Copying Ashley from when I saw her by the tree, I placed my non-bloody hand on Hunter's chest and his body tensed. "Like what you see Sanchez? I know I do.." I mimicked his words from exactly 6 years ago and his eyes snapped up to mine. Then, his infamous smirk appeared on his face. "You bet I do, princesa." He replied, grabbing my waist. That was NOT the reply I was expecting; I wasn't even expecting a reply! An eye roll, maybe, but definitely not that!

He laughed at my befuddled expression and said, "Let's go get your hand cleaned up." He let go of my waist and dragged me to the bathroom, lifting me on the counter next to the sink. He retrieved a first aid kit from the medicine cabinet. "I didn't know you were a doctor." I said, observing as he wiped the blood off of my hand, which had a large cut along the palm of my hand. "Well, you tend to learn a few tricks when you live with the Legendary Dr. David Sanchez!" He exaggerated the last part and I stifled a laugh.

He wrapped a gauze around my hand and all I could think of was how handsome he became! God bless puberty. "All done." He said, looking into my eyes and smirked. I cleared my throat and jumped off the counter, pulling my bandaged hand away from his.

I mumbled a thank you and practically ran to my bed. I was on the verge of unconsciousness when Hunter layed down on the other side, his weight making the bed dip in his direction and I rolled towards him, my head nuzzling into the crook of his neck. He wrapped his arms around me and pulled me close to him. "God, I missed you." He whispered, kissing my head. And with that, I fell asleep against his chest, inhaling his apple and cinnamon cologne with his arms wrapped around me.

That's it for now, I'll update as soon as I can! Tysm for your support! Cheryl xx