Chapter 23 - Interrupted

Pic is of chloe and saffron's dresses for sterling's party. (Saffron's is the pink, Chloe's is the black and turquoise, but her hair was straight)

"You're going to look so cute in this dress!" Chloe and I went to the mall to choose dresses for each other since it was a formal party, and when we got home, we gave each other the dresses as a kind of surprise. I got Chloe a dress that had a turquoise skirt and a black top with a lacy waist. It complimented her skin tone and brought out her green eyes. Plus, it was sure to get Will chasing after her. "Here." Chloe handed me a dress. It was baby pink with an intricate floral lace design and a diamond back. Chloe went into the bathroom and I went into my walk in closet to change into our dresses.

"Chloe!" I squealed. "You look absolutely stunning!" I definitely chose the right dress for her. We were standing in front of the mirror, examining our dresses. "I just think mine is a bit too short." It went mid thigh, and I wasn't used to dresses this short.

"Oh come on Saff! You need to show off your legs and plus, it's totally drool-worthy; Hunter will be begging you to dance with him." She winked and I threw a pillow at her. We put on some eyeliner, mascara, lip gloss and blusher, curled or straightened our hair, put on our heels, grabbed our phones and made our way downstairs.

Will and Chloe exited the house hand in hand, and I was just about to follow after them, but Hunter stopped me at the door. "Saffron." I turned. "Wow. You look beautiful." I blushed. He was wearing a basic tux, black tie, button down top, but with converse.

"Thanks. You don't look too bad yourself."

He smirked. "Let's go." He took my hand and dragged me out the door.

...

When we got to the party, Will, Hunter and Chloe went to give Sterling his presents and we all took seats at the table with our names deciding where we would sit. The ballroom was packed with people; family, friends, neighbors. There was a table bigger than the rest, the one for the family and close friends, where we sat. We searched for our names and there were two name tags that took us off guard. Silver and Jacob's names sat next to Sterling and Cameron's at the head of the table. Then, the huge double doors swung open to reveal Silver and Jacob, the biggest grins on each of their faces.

"SILVER!" "JACOB!" Their names could be heard being screamed out by their siblings. Cameron, Ronnie, and Sterling rushed to greet them first, while Hunter and I watched from the table. Jacob lifted both Ronnie and Cameron and spun them around. Silver literally fell when Sterling tackled him into a hug. When Silver finally managed to get Sterling off of him, he outstretched his arms for me. I laughed and ran into his arms. "I missed you so much." I whispered, on the verge of tears.

"Now, don't mess up your make up little sis! You've got boys to impress." He winked at me and I punched his arm playfully. Hunter walked towards his brother and I watched as they did the weird bro hug thingy. Hunter actually looked like he was about to cry. Now that was a first.

...

"Time to dance! Get out of your seats people! With all due respect, of course." Will said and everyone laughed. A slow song started playing and couples made their way to the dance floor. Will took Chloe's hand, my parents started dancing and so did Mrs. and Mr. Sanchez.

"Will you give me the honor of a dance?" Silver grabbed my hand and lugged me to the dance floor. I guess I've always been closer to Silver. Sterling was dancing with a girl - so was Cameron - and they both looked so adorable. Hunter danced with Ronnie, a genuine smile on his face. "What's been going on?" Silver asked.

"Well, Ms. Valencia, our dance teacher, told us we were going to have duets with the football team. I got partnered with Hunter. But that's where I met Chloe, did you know she's Carlos Acosta's daughter? Oh, and it happened again." I said, referring to the panic attack.

"Really? Are you okay?" He asked frantically.

"Yeah, Hunter managed to calm me down again."

"Well, that's good," The music changed to another slow song. "And by the looks of it, he wants to have another duet with you right now." Silver left the dance floor before I could ask him who he was talking about. Then, Hunter appeared at my side.

"May I have this dance?" He asked. I nodded, a smile creeping onto my face. He put his arms on my waist and I wrapped mine around his neck. We swayed to the music, and Hunter smirked. I furrowed my eyebrows in confusion but then he pulled me closer so I could feel his breath on my forehead. I was surprised, but I smiled and closed my eyes, humming to the song. Ironically, it was the song 'Take Me Home', the one that Hunter and I were going to dance to.

He put his finger under my chin and lifted my face so I was looking into his grey eyes. He opened his mouth to say something, but the song ended and we made our way to the table, ready for cake. We stood there for a second, both of us in a trance, but Chloe grabbed my arm and tugged me over to the table.

I sat in between Silver and Chloe, Hunter across from me and Will next to him. Will and Silver started talking, Jacob joining in. Chloe was stealing glances at Will and blushing. I was going to ask her what happened, but then the cake was brought out and I was interrupted once more.

Finally! I'm so sorry I haven't been updating, but here it is! I'll try to update as soon as possible. Thank you guys so much for bearing with me.

But a cute family moment don't you think?