46

No proofread.
.
.
.
.

What do you do when your world is crumbling in pieces, when every single thing that you held close to your heart and soul is slipping away from your hand like sand. The more you try to hold it the more it falls away.

You face it. You try to make good out of it. Even if you're left with nothing you still have hope that can keep you going as long as you're ready to hold onto.

But what if you don't even have hope. What if the last thing that was holding you together, that was keeping you sane is not there anymore?

You become coward. You try to ignore it as much as you can. You don't even want to think about it.

That's exactly what Kim Taehyung was doing right now. After days of crying , thrashing, starvation and continuous torrents of pain here he was hiding like a coward. The bravest and most successful lawyer of the country was mere a coward without his biggest strength.

It has been three days since jungkook was shot and he hasn't woken up yet. The bullet has caused a fracture in one of his vertebrae but doctors wasn't sure whether his spinal cord was damaged or not. He wasn't waking up and that was the most terrifying thing. Doctors were ready to perform one last surgery and there were chances that he might wake up after it. The bullet hasn't damaged his organs and that was the only good thing so far. Had it came in contact with his heart it would have caused death.

Taehyung stayed first night in the hospital but after that he went missing. Everyone tried contacting him but his number was out of reach. Finally yejin found him in their apartment that taehyung had bought recently for jungkook. He was sitting in one corner of their bedroom and the thing that horrified yejin that everything was exactly on it's place. Taehyung hadn't caused any destruction to a single thing in the apartment. He was just sitting with stoned eyes.

Yejin wanted to console him but she had no words that can reduce his grief. So with heavy steps she went to sit beside him. She took his head in her hands and gently made him lay in her lap. Taehyung didn't reacted at all. Both of them stayed in complete silence. She gently combed his unwashed hair with her fingers. Taehyung hadn't even washed his face since three days. The only thing he did was to change the bloody pants that were covered with jungkook's blood.

"Mom" His voice came out like his throat was set on thorns.

"Yes my love" yejin said in a choked voice.

After taehyung's wailing that day in hospital she heard his voice today.

"I want to die" taehyung said in a weak voice.

"But I'm still trying my luck, and waiting for him" he said and closed his eyes.

Yejin could only cry more. After a few moments her mobile beeped and her breath hitched looking at the caller. It was Hyunbin and he was in hospital with Miri and Yoongi.

She attended the call gathering every courage she had left.

"H-Hello" she asked and the next thing she heard made her eyes sting even more and the mobile phone fell from her hand.

****

Doctors were done with their last surgery and it had been 3 hours since then. The didn't find any injury to his spinal cord. They told Mr. Kim if he didn't wake up soon then their was only one explanation. Kim Jungkook had shocked his spinal cord and is in coma.

Miri was sitting beside her endear son. She was setting his hair away from his forehead. She remembered that one time when jungkook and yoongi had a fight and jungkook was so sure that Miri loved him more.