Chapter 1

A/N I don't own any of the characters, this is a Harry Potter fanfic, hope you enjoy.

Please don't swear in the comments.

The plot of this story is based on cousin marriage, which if you look at the Black family tree above, does in fact happen in the Harry Potter universe. Examples are Orion Black and Walburga Black and Harry Potter and Ginny Weasley (if you look at the Weasley section of the tree you will see that the Weasley's descend from the House of Black and so do the Potters and the Longbottoms). Also, if you have views against cousin marriage please keep it to yourself because in the cultures that I am from cousin marriage is, in fact, common practice and insulting this concept is insulting my culture. In Islam, the religion I follow there is a concept known as Speak good, or remain silent. I'm sure many people would agree this is a decent concept to follow.

Draco Pov:

"Draco love," I hear my mother, Narcissa Malfoy call. "I need to speak to you."

"Coming Mother!" I call back. Mother's been acting strange since the war and Father was arrested. She doesn't even use house-elves anymore for little things like calling me from one side of the manor to the other, it's been a year since the Battle of Hogwarts but time just seems to change her more. 

I head over to her room and knock twice on the door, "Come in!" she calls.

"Is there something wrong Mother?" I ask as I enter and sit down next to her on her King-sized bed.

"Draco," she says quietly. "I need to tell you something important."

"Go ahead Mother, I'm here."

"21 years ago I was secretly married to someone who wasn't your Father," she says solemnly. 

Externally I nod curiously, internally I am completely shocked by this bit of information "Go on."

She takes in a breathe, "My husband was Sirius Black."

"The blood traitor cousin guy who Aunt Bellatrix killed a few years ago?" I ask surprised.

"The very same," she nods gravely. "We loved each other very much. However, when the Dark Lord started looming over the House of Black, Sirius divorced me for my own protection. What Sirius didn't know was that I had become pregnant." She pauses and stares at me as my jaw drops then carries on the story. "Since I had told my parents of the marriage and divorce, they began looking for suitors over the nine months of pregnancy. On the 19th of September, I gave birth to a beautiful baby girl but had to instantly give her up to a muggle couple who had just lost their own child and gave them a vague warning about her magic. The next day I was married to your father and two months later I was pregnant with you. Just under eight months later, you were born and your father almost killed you for coming so early, but I couldn't go through that trauma again so I convinced him to keep you."

"So I have an older sister?" I say calmly. Mother nods. "Who most probably thinks she's a mudblood?" Mother winces then nods. "But she's actually got purer blood than I do?" Mother nods again. "Is there anything else I should know?" I ask gripping my trousers to stop myself from exploding at my mother.

Mother  looks up at me nervously, "She may or may not be Miss Hermione Granger."

My trousers rip as I exclaim "WHAT?!"

"I spoke to my sister Andromeda yesterday and she was telling me how much Miss Granger reminded her off Sirius right down to the colour of her hair..."

"They both have brown hair," I shrug interrupting her explanation. "Lot's of people have brown hair."

"I have also read an article in the Daily Prophet  that said she is turning 20 this year, since she attended Hogwarts in the same year as you, that puts her birthday between September 1st and December 31st."

I get up, it's all too much for me to process. "I'm sorry Mother but I need to go to the library and think."

"Go ahead, my son. If you wish it we will not speak of this again."

I don't reply. I calmly walk out of the room then run to the library and lock myself in.

Hermione Pov

I finally got back my parents after a year of trying to track them down and reversed the obliviate spell but now a mystery has been unveiled. I'm adopted!

I've been pacing back and forth in my room pondering this knowledge when suddenly my supplementary year Hogwarts letter arrives and an extra letter saying I'm the Head Girl. I'm really excited except for one minor detail:

MALFOY IS HEAD BOY.