Chapter 29 Howlers Part 3

Blaize Pov

Draco and Peggy explained the Howler prank to me after breakfast and they told me I had to be the one who opened the third batch since the Weasel and I both have a Care for Magical Creatures class at lunch and the Weaselette wouldn't be able to open them a second time because her brother will be on her case hard if she did it twice. But to do that I have to be close to the Weasel so I can open them all at once. So as Hagrid went on about a dragon he once looked after named Norbert, I slithered through the crowd and stood next to the Weaselette who was standing close but not next to her brother.

"What is it with your Bookworm and Quidditch players Weaselette?" I ask.

"What do you want Zabini?" she says rolling her eyes.

"Harsh," I say in a fake hurt tone. "Your best friend is my best friend's sister, you can call me by my first name you know?"

"Ah, but your best friend is my best friend's brother," she counters. "So drop the nicknames."

"Oh but Ginevra, it is only polite for a gentleman to wait for permission to use a Lady's first name. And now I have it, thanks."

"Whatever," she shrugs. 

"You didn't answer my question Ginevra," I say.

"I don't know," she shrugs. "I don't even know what you mean."

"Four of your brothers and yourself play quidditch, Potter plays, Krum plays, Draco plays and her neighbour Luca Donati plays it."

"LUCA DONATI?!" she exclaims.

"No talking, Ginny," Hagrid says. "I don't wanna take away house points."

"Sorry, Hagrid."

He goes back to talking about dragons then the Weaselette elbows me, "What are you on about?"

"Peggy said her neighbour's name was Luca Donati and was the same age as her and the Quidditch player has the same age, name and ethnicity. I'm surprised you didn't know Ginevra since you've been friends for so long." Before she can reply ten owls swoop down and drop the last ten Howlers in front of the Weasel. But before I can open them the Weasel yells "Inferno!" and they all turn into ash.

After the lesson Weaselette releases her Patronus and it heads to the castle to tell Peggy and Draco about the tragedy of the last ten howlers. Before I can head off to find them, the Weasel grabs my arm and says "Stay away from Hermione and MY sister Zabini. Don't think I didn't see that conversation in class."

"I'd think you need to spend more time concentrating on the lesson Weasley. You don't want a failing grade in your last ever year in Hogwarts."

I yank my arm away from him then swear at him in Italian then head off to find Draco and his bushy-haired sister.