Chapter 16

Draco Pov

"Draco!" I hear Luna say. "We're going to buy some pudding!"

I open my eyes, Hermione is nowhere to be found. Must be downstairs. "Morning Luna. I must ask, what happened to breakfast?" 

"Aunty Narcissa said we can have some tea and crumpets whilst we're out!"

I sigh, "Women." Only care about shopping. (A/N Rude, I for one don't like shopping.) I get up and trudge to my bedroom and change into my black suit and then use the bathroom. 

I can hear Hermione calling me as I comb my hair. "Come on Draco! Luna wants to buy pudding."

"I'm coming, I'm coming!"

I hurry downstairs and see Hermione, Luna and Mother waiting in the hall. I stare in shock to see Hermione in Mother's old white floral, shoulderless dress.

A/N Dress from Insta: @boutiq1

Hermione notices my reaction "See, I knew it was a bit too much Narcissa!" she exclaims.

Mother shakes her head, "It's fine Hermione, Draco's just surprised because I've worn a similar dress before." Mother's Slytherin side is showing. She's using Hermione to model her old clothes.  Hermione looks to me for confirmation and I nod so she sighs in relief. "Come on you three let's go buy some pudding!" Mother says cheerfully.

She grabs Luna's left hand and I take Luna's right then Mother offers her hand hesitantly to Hermione. Slowly, Hermione takes it and we apparate to Diagon Alley.

We arrive outside the new shop selling the on-sale chocolate pudding so Luna let's go of our hands to jump up and clap. We go into the shop, at the counter an East Asian witch is smiling at us- well more at Hermione and Luna. Luna skips over to the counter and orders her pudding. After it's bought, Mother takes the two younger witches clothes shopping while I go order breakfast. As I come out of the cafe, I'm ambushed by reporters.

"Mr Malfoy is it true you're in a relationship with Hermione Granger?" one asks.

"No."

"Are you forcing her to spend time with you?" a second one suggests.

"No."

"Have you imperioed her?" another asks.

"No!"

"Have you hypnotized her?" questions another one.

"NO, I HAVE NOT!" I exclaim. "Hermione Granger spends time with me because she wants to and not because of any romantic feelings! Write that down and publish it!  Don't you dare twist my words or I will find a way to make you all lose your jobs. Good day to you all!" I storm off careful not to drop breakfast and go find Mother Luna and my sister.

When I finally spot Hermione I call to her, "Hermione I got breakfast!"

"You're shopping with the FERRET!" I hear a familiar ginger call. "AGAIN?!"
"Yeah and?" Hermione yells back to the Weaselette. "Who else am I going to shop with? My best friends can't talk to me without them questioning my life choices!"

"Nice to know I'm always second place, Granger," I smirk.

"I don't mean it like that Dray," she says softly. "Just trying to make a point."

"Don't ignore me 'Mione," Weaselette warns.

"Ginny, I'm trying to have a conversation, if you would like to say something please wait until after I have eaten breakfast with the Malfoys and Luna. I'm currently feeling rather ravenous."

She grabs my sleeve and pulls me away, "Where are Mother and Ludding anyway?" I ask.

"They went into a shop called Kameez," Hermione explains. "Apparently, the Patil's opened it a few months ago. It explains their absence from Hogwarts."

We arrive at the shop and I see Luna coming out of the shop so I quickly hand the bags with our breakfast in it to Hermione and then Luna throws herself onto me. "Draco, Padma sold me this pretty yellow sari!" she exclaims as I catch her tiny body and spin her a bit. "I don't know how to put it on though, Parvati said to owl them the day I want to wear it and they'll help me put it on."

"That's kind of them," Hermione says as I put Luna down and Mother comes out of the shop.

Not many people see the excitable version of Luna, only the misty version, she's only like this around family.

"Did you get the breakfast Draco?" Mother asks. I nod. "Good! Let's eat!"