Chapter 30

Blaize Pov

"Why is it so hard to find a ferret and a beaver in this school?" I exclaim.

"Did you check the library?" a wispy voice asks from behind me. I spin around to see Luna, "Ah Luna! My favourite Quidditch commentator! You dear, are a genius."

"It should really have been the first place you checked Zabi..." I cut the Weaselette off as she appears.

"Uh, uh, uh, uh, ah," I say with one finger in the air. "It's Blaize now Ginevra. You'd do well to remember that."

"And you'd do well to remember that I'm infamous for the Bat Bogey Hex."  She tries to use the hex on me but it doesn't work. 

"And you'd do well to remember that Blaize Marcello Zabini constantly has a shield charm around him just in case any hexes are thrown around him."

Her eyes widen, "How do you maintain it?"

I roll up my sleeve to reveal a strip of paper with Japanese writing on it stuck to my skin. "My mother took me to Wizarding Tokyo over the Summer. The wizards there channel their magic through these for shields for themselves or to ward off demons and such."

I notice Luna's gone as Weaselette examines the paper charm. "Where were these when Umbridge was here?" she chuckles. "They would be a great product for my brother's shop."

"I'll see what I can do," I nod. "But right now, I have to go convince the Headboy and Girl to take me to see Donati."

"Wait, I'm coming with you," she says.

"What would a Gryffindor princess spend her time with little ole' evil me?" I ask surprised as I head the library. "I've already got a warning from your brother to stay away from you."

"Shut up Zabini, I'm going to the library to find Hermio... Pegasus."

"If you say so," I shrug. As Luna said, both Draco and Pegasus were in the library studying. "Hey you two," I say with Weaselette trailing behind. "We need to go see Donati."

"Can't we wait until the weekend, Blaize?" Pegasus asks. "We have loads of Head student duties to get through."

"The Bulgaria team are going to Cairo for a match this weekend," Weaselette points out. "So no."

"How are we going to get there?" Draco asks. "Broom? Apparition? Flying Carpet? Floo powder is out of the question."

I think for a second, "Don't think too hard Zabini, your brain is going to slide out your ears," Weaselette snickers.

Ignoring her comment, I say, "We fly out the Astronomy tower and once we're ut of the Anti-apparition wards, we apparate."

"And how are you going to do that?" Weaselette asks. "You've never been to the Granger's street."

"Simple," I shrug. "You're going to sit behind me."

"Peggy doesn't like flying," Draco points out.

I turn to the anxious brunette, "If you sit behind Draco, will you be alright?" 

"I think so, it's not like I haven't ridden dragons and thestrals before."

"Then it's settled," I say. "We're going to see Donati and for Peggy's sake, we'll be back before curfew."

Draco gets up then casts a spell on the books they were studying to back themselves away. "I'll meet you at the astronomy tower in ten minutes. I'll go get the two-person brooms."
We nod and then he heads off, leaving me with the two girls I was told to stay away from. We go to the Astronomy tower and Weaseltte tells Pegasus that I keep calling her 'Ginevra'.

"Well, you told him to drop the nicknames and Ginny is a nickname for Ginevra."

"See Peggy gets it," I laugh.

When we arrive, Draco is already there. He tosses me a broom then gets on his one. He flies over to Pegasus, "Come on Peggy," he says. "It's not so bad." She cautiously gets on the broom then wraps her arms around her brother. "There you go," Draco says gently.

I get my broom to fly then hop on. Weaselette gets on behind me. "How fast do you want me to go Ginevra?"

"As fast as possible," she says eagerly. I nod then we zoom out of the astronomy tower. Draco follows suit. "You're going too fast!" I hear Peggy squeal.

"I'll slow down when we catch up with Blaize," Draco calls back.

When he does, we're out of the apparition wards. "We can apparate now," Peggy says between deep scared breaths.

Weaselette nods then she puts a hand on my shoulder and we apparate.