Chapter 26

Conniving Slytherin's Pov

I clear my throat then I go into Peggy's room and cast a spell to make myself sound like the Weasel's howler in Second year. I look at the sleeping girl on her bed and take in a breathe. "Pegasus Venus Black! If you don't get out of bed this instant I'll tie all your clothes to the Whomping Willow!"

She shoots up and falls out of bed comically in shock "I'm awake!" she exclaims. She turns to see me. I smirk thinking she'd try to kill me but instead, she smirks and says excitedly, "You have to teach me that spell!"

I raise an eyebrow, "Why?"

"Because I have a lot to say to one Ronald Billius Weasley and posing as a Howler from his mother is the only way he'll listen."

I pause, "You conniving Slytherin," I say parroting what she said to me last night.

"I'm related to you aren't I?"

"And now the whole wizarding world knows!" I chuckle proudly then I say "You can't avoid everyone forever Peggy."

"I still have Harry's cloak," she challenges.

"But you've going to have to take it off if you want to answer the Professors' questions in class," I point out. She pouts then throws a pillow at me. She gets up and looks out the window to see the moon shining brightly, "What time is Draco?" she asks.

"4 am," I shrug. 

"And why are we awake at this atrocious hour?" 

"Because I can't sleep," I say pouting.

"That is my problem how?" 

I put my hand on my chest, clutching it as if I had been wounded, "The cruelty of older siblings. Your only brother is in dire need of entertainment and you don't even care!" I dramatically collapse onto her bed and a bit of my cloudy hair moves onto my face.

She moves it out of the way and says "And you called my father dramatic."

"Peggy," I say insistently. "Let's do the howler thing now!"

"Why are you acting so immaturely?" she asks poking my forehead.

I shrug, "This is how Astoria and Daphne used to act. I've always wanted to see what it was like to have a sibling relationship like theirs, even though they drifted apart when Daphne began attending Hogwarts."

She sighs, "Okay, we'll do the Howler thing, but first you have to help me brush and plait my hair."

"You don't need your hair bushier than it is already Peggy," I begin. "And what makes you think that I know anything about plaiting hair?" I sit up and look at her questioningly.

"First, you knew that plaiting hair makes it curly-ish," she begins. "Second, you've helped me with my hair before. Third, Mother told me you used to brush her hair when you were younger."

I curse.

After helping Pegasus with her hair, we make ourselves some hot chocolate then together we work on making the fake Weasley Mother howlers. We scripted three howlers- Pegasus had to remind me of the mandatory change of tone that always takes place during Mrs Weasley's scoldings- then we duplicated each one 10 times.                                                                                               "I want to send them to him at different times of the day," Pegasus tells me. "For higher annoyance levels."

"Let's send some now," I agree eagerly. "Ten now, ten at breakfast and then ten at lunch. I'll put a delay spell on the twenty." She nods then we collect them into three bags, Peggy holding the group intended for now.

We leave the dorm, "Where are you two going so early in the morning?"

"The Owlery," Pegasus says in an innocent tone.

"Peggy is exercising her Slytherin side," I joke then I remember a question I've been meaning to ask Sirius, "By the way, I never understood why you and Potter's father weren't in Slytherin."

"We chose not to be there," he shrugs. "I choose not to be put in a house full of snobs and James preferred to be in a house where he could get away with doing stupid things."

"Ah," I say, I change my voice to sound like Dumbledore's "It's fine Minerva, Mr Potter is just exercising his Gryffindor Pride."

Pegasus chuckles sadly, "Come on Draco," she says. "I want to wake up Ronald as early as possible."

I nod and we head to the Owlery, leaving Sirius siriusly confused.